“GREAT Falafal”

Saca's Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #47 of 135 Restaurants in Claremont
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Saca's is a fresh casual restaurant with dishes inspired from all around the Mediterranean
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“GREAT Falafal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've never seen my son order falafal... he prefers meat (shwarma, gyro, etc.). So when he and friends took us to their favorite falafal place, I paid attention. 7 people, 7 falafals: some sandwiches, some platters... platters are much larger, and worth the extra cost if you are a big eater!. Can't comment on the rest of the menu, but the falafal was truly great! The people were also very nice, as the owner kept trying to clear off a set of tables large enough for us to eat at. We decided to sit outside in the park across the street when he came out to tell us he had it... we thanked him and stayed in the park. One comment: this is not necessarily fast food: the falafal are cooked to order, so it's not run in, run out. Oh, and the fries were fine, not great.

• Visited November 2012

San Francisco, California
“OK Lunch, slow when crowded, no atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Thinking we'd catch a quick bite for lunch, we decided the healthy-looking menu at Saca's (salads, falafel, tabouleh, hummus, chicken or beef plates), looked like a good choice. Arriving at 12:15 pm, however, we ended up waiting over 20 minutes for our food. The hummus had way too much olive oil. Falafel was good. All was served on paper plates with plastic cutlery -- seemed like it should have been fast food, but wasn't. Salads were fine but nothing special.

Atmosphere: formica tables, a few tables outside. Not one of the cutest places in Claremont Village. Not sure why others are giving this restaurant 5 stars.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank casaros
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Fresh food that is reasonable. Fast, friendly service with a small-town atmosphere. Everything is freshly made and delicious. Nothing fancy here, just great food and service!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank pegdes
Southern California
“BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nothing compares to Sacas. I only wish I lived closer, I'd eat here every night. I try other Mediterraanean places close to where I live, or work, and they are no where near as great as Sacas. I have never had anything I didnt like from here, EVERYTHING FROM SACAS IS DELICIOUS. Whenever I go, it takes me atleast 10 minutes to decide what I want because I love so much of the menu.

I have been going to Sacas for over 10 years, and if I ever moved out of Southern California, I think I would have to have Sacas Fed Ex'd to me on dry ice. This is how much I love this place.

Visited May 2012
Claremont, California
“Sacas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a family owned business and the food is great!! If you like mediterranean food they do an great job wtih it. The falafal and hummus are so good!!

Visited May 2012