“everyone likes it but me”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Walter's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #68 of 136 Restaurants in Claremont
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Riverside, Illinois
“everyone likes it but me”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food has been mediocre (not even bad enough to be terrible) twice. The service is always abysmal. It is a family run place and the nieces who are the servers don't have to worry. It is all just bad. There are a lot of places to eat in the Village and in Claremont. Even nice places where you can take out of town business guests on an expense account, which you should have for Walters. Don't go here. Go to I Like Pie.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank f n

Cody, Wyoming
“Great food and drink”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Walters has wonderful food and generous drinks but the noise level is deafening. It's pretty inmpossible to have any kind of conversation. That said, I still keep going back because it's really that good.

Visited August 2012
ashland OR
“Big and Popular”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had dinner with family including two youngsters. Friendly staff, attentive. Menu is influenced by Afghan owners but ethnic dish I had was a little disappointing compared to authentic Afghan restaurant I have eaten at. Large menu offers a full range of interesting items though. This place is very large with a really nice indoor outdoor patio that adds lots of atmosphere, Obviously very popular with locals and used for many groups events as well. A safe bet for families and couples.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A nice place for a more upscale dinner”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I’ve been to Walter’s Restaurant several times for dinner only. It is a large restaurant with apparently three different seating areas. The front seems to be the more bar like area, then there is an indoor patio and an outdoor patio and then a large, long room that goes in the back with a fireplace at the back. When walking in without reservations we have been given the option of patio or bar area. When we made reservations we were seated in the room with the fireplace.

The menus are fairly varied and there is a decent wine and beer selection. The dinners we’ve had have been tasty including steak frites, lamb and pasta and the ahi tuna. The combination appetizer platter is generous and tasted okay. The lobster salad has a decent amount of lobster that is served with greens. It is basic and simple, what I wanted that night but it’s not very interesting.

One of our dinners was accompanied by live music—acoustic guitar played in the outdoor patio area. It made for a nice atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“My husband loves the food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am not crazy about this place, I always order the wrong thing and am not happy. My husband loves it and always knows the right thing to order

Visited September 2012