“Wonderful linguica!”
Review of Euro Cafe

Euro Cafe
Ranked #8 of 137 Restaurants in Claremont
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I don't think any sausage in the world tastes as good as the Euro Cafe's Portuguese sausage (linguica). My mom and I go to the Euro Cafe every time she's up in Claremont to visit me at school. The first time we went, she got the linguica panini and I got a prosciutto panini, and even though my sandwich was good, I regretted not getting the linguica too, because I tasted hers and it was amazing. Since then, like last week when we went, we've both been getting the linguica. Once I took my brother to lunch here, and he got the Cuban sandwich, which was also very delicious (but again, he tasted my linguica panini, and wished he had gotten it.)
Their pastries are also very good. I've had the bread pudding and the coconut macaroon, and both were fantastic.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I really enjoyed the soup! Also, you got to love a place that serves cherry coke. Breakfast was also delicious.

1  Thank Nate W
Reviewed June 16, 2012

....head to north Claremont! On your way to Mt. Baldy, biking the foothills, just about any time you are in Claremont, this is the place for you. Delicious home made food, great service, outdoor seating, what else could you want?

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This little cafe is wonderful. Nice sandwiches, salads, coffee and desserts. Try the portugese sausage pannini and some bread pudding. You won't need to eat for the rest of the day!

2  Thank Plumeria D
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I met 3 colleagues for lunch here; we chose the restaurant because of the delightful reviews on this website. We were thrilled with our choice!

While 2 of us were waiting for the others, some kind people at the next table explained that we had to go to the counter to order, but the food would be delivered. We explained we were waiting for 2 others. They said they were at this restaurant all the time, and wanted to ensure people knew to not wait for a waiter to take their order.

There was a nice variety of sandwiches, soups, and salads. Everyone enjoyed their chioce very much. Everything was very fresh. Joe, the owner, came to our table 4 times. The first time Joe asked if we'd ever been in his restaurant before. He welcomed us enthusiastically. The next time, he brought us a sample of Portugeuse cheese and sausage. The next time he brought us a sample of a custard-type dessert. Yum! Then he brought us a glass of white port to sample.

On the way out the door, Joe showed us all the home made desserts! They were baked in these big pans that my Grandmas used to use. The next time we go there (and there will definitely be a next time), I'll start with dessert first. : )

Joe showed us a CD that he recorded. He sings one night a week in the evening -- I think Saturdays.

What a delightful experience. We were meeting before a memorial service -- we felt uplifted when we left. We'll be back.

Our only suggestion for Joe is that he try to get signage near Baseline Rd. I've driven by this shopping center countless times, and have been in the grocery store there, but had never seen this restaurant! It's tucked back in the corner on the west side of the center.

1  Thank Lepha