“Who knew there was a nice resort in the City of Industry?”

Pacific Palms Resort
Seattle
“Who knew there was a nice resort in the City of Industry?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

Nice, big rooms, good breakfast buffet, good meeting spaces and 2 great looking golf courses (would have liked to have played them, but was working all week), this is a good solid hotel in a spot where you would not expect to find one. Pretty isolated, if you want to eat anything besides hotel food, you will need a car. An older property, but just had a bigtime remodel. I did wait 5 minutes to find somebody to check me in, but I did arrive at around midnight, so kind of understandable. A good place to stay/have a meeting and or play some golf.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
England uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

I stayed at the pacific palms resort, city of industry for one night when I first arrived in La, beautiful hotel, very clean, nice tolietries and bathroom and robe all excellent, pretty room, and comfy. Nice balcony overlooking California and the pool and plam trees and golf resort, all at the hotel.
Room service food very nice. But a little expensive, at least 70 quid a night and make matters worse you need a car which my America friend had but without one, In the middle of nothing and nowhere. We got lost trying to find it at first and was driving around some rocky mountain and a black road, when coppers stopped us! So watch out, make sure you know LA well or get a sat nav, my American friend says the hotel staff were not clear on directions.

There is a jack in the box fast food joint somewhere around I think as that is where my American friend drove to get food! It could have been out of the area though so make sure you check.
The night staff were unfriendly and unhelpful! The morning staff, two ladies were really nice! Hotel has a swank bar too and restaurant also.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Mebane, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

This resort had some great points: the views from the rooms are amazing, the grounds were imaculate, the on site restaurants were excellent, and the golf course was beautiful. The location is somewhat remote, and has a little bit of a caged in feeling. Also, the rooms are a little run down, and the internet is extremely slow. Overall, a very nice resort, but awful pricey.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2008

I have hosted a corporate event of about 80 people each year for two years. Here's the GOOD and the BAD:

The Good:
- Awesome rooms with great views
- Immaculate Grounds
- The downstairs restaurant (Red) is real good
- Golf courses are usually in good condition

The bad:
- Service is spotty at best. Quality of staff is pretty borderline. I get the feeling a lot of the client-facing staff are in their first hospitality jobs. I would describe them as friendly but incompetent.
- The upstairs restaurant (on the main floor) was bad. We were the only ones in there, it took 2+ hours to get our dinner, and they were out of half the things on their menu. It's also overpriced for the quality.
- If you want to leave the resort for a meal (or just about anything), you'll need to go a long way. The resort is on a hill surrounded by industrial areas on all sides.

Overall, I would LOVE this place if I were chilling out and playing some golf, but holding a corporate event here is challenging because the staff is a bit clueless.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

I booked sleeping rooms and meeting rooms for 67 people for a three day meeting at this hotel. I picked the hotel based on the location and the price. The pictures on the website looked great, but in some hotels those can be deceiving.

But not with the Pacific Palms! Before I arrived, I talked to one of our meeting participants who had already checked in. She said that the hotel was even prettier than the pictures on the website. She was right - the place was beautiful!

The lobby is very open and light and has a gorgeous stained glass ceiling over the escalators. The sleeping rooms were clean and pretty and it was nice to have the Aveda products in the bathroom. The beds were comfortable and there was no noise from the bathrooms like some previous posters have stated.

Some of the guys in our group played golf and enjoyed the courses. Also, people in our group really liked the pool and hot tub area with its great views of the valley. The restaurants at the hotel were good and there were plenty of restaurants and shopping within a 5 minute drive of the hotel. I went out to run some errands one day by myself and didn't feel like the area was scary at all.

The hotel staff was nice and helped us with anything we needed. One of our groups needed a place to eat and meet one night, and they opened the restaurant just for us. However, the first morning of our meetings, the coffee and pastries in one of our three meeting rooms were delivered 15 minutes after the meeting started - not good.

The meeting rooms were fine, but a little bit noisy. We could hear the food carts of the employees as they went up and down the employee/kitchen hallways. The first morning, I thought it was the sound of airplanes taking off until I realized that we weren't near an airport.

The only other problem that I had with the hotel is that there is no elevator that goes directly from the lobby to the sleeping rooms. You had to take the escalator, stairs or an elevator to the Mezzanine level and then walk over to the elevator to the guest rooms. Every day I had a bag with meeting equipment in it that I had to lug from the lobby elevator to the guest elevators, which got old quick.

This hotel is about an hour east of LAX, so if you want to see the sights in LA or the beaches, then this probably isn't the hotel for you. However, if you want a great resort with nice rooms and a great view, then you will enjoy the Pacific Palms.

• Liked — Beautiful rooms and lobby
  • Disliked — Distance from LA attractions and airport
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2008

Nice place
No valet parking after 11:00 PM
No bell service after 11:00 PM
Eisenhower golf course is a nice golf course.
Good place to hold a meeting.

• Liked — Golf
  • Disliked — No bell or valet service after 11 weekdays
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

I love staying at resorts! This one didn't let me down. Let me start with the staff. Wow...VERY professional, I have to say. They were so accomodating and EVERY hotel employee greeted us with a smile and hello. From the pro shop employees to the employee changing a light bulb...smile & a hello. With me...the service is whats important. Our room was nice, very modern and clean. Everything about the rooms are above standard. The carpet was "barefoot walking" clean.
This resort sits on top of a hill and the views are wonderful all around. Our room was on the 9th floor and the city lights at night are great. The resort grounds are lush and green due to it being a Golf resort. The restraunts Cima & Red are awesome! Great food and outstanding service. The workout facility is above standard also, all machines in working order, water provided and towels and tv's at every eliptical & treadmill machine. They have a great spa for us ladies also. I don't golf...but the pro shop was nice!
The atmosphere there is relaxing and since its on top of a hill, its quiet and tranquil. The pool and jacuzzi are great w/a waterfall. The patio outside of the restraunt has a great water pond and a huge fire pit.
I really enjoyed my stay here and very impressed with the staff and facilities.

A "Heads up": at check in they will charge your credit card $50 a day for incidentals (each room has a minibar fridge). We had an incident where my husband put his medication in there and a coke can fell out. We were charged, my husband imediately told the front desk, they said the fridge has sensors and will automatically charge. They were understanding of his medical needs and everything was straightend out. If at the end of your stay you didn't incur any misc. charges...no charge to your card.

We will definately stay here again!

• Liked — professional staff
  • Disliked — didn't have brochures for
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near City of Industry
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
BEST WESTERN PLUS West Covina Inn
Holiday Inn West Covina
Holiday Inn West Covina
#4 of 7 in West Covina

Been to Pacific Palms Resort? Share your experiences!