“Nice Stay”

Pacific Palms Resort
Plattsburgh, New York
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here with a very large group/conference in October. With the views hyped up, we were really disappointed that our view was basically of the helipad. Our room was also very average, nothing fancy and was very standard, but luckily the beds were comfy.
There was some confusion on my check-in. They originally had my maiden name upon booking, I called to switch it to my married name (which is on my license), and they didn't have any of my information on hand when I tried to check-in. Luckily, it was eventually resolved with the head of our conference talking to the hotel.
The pool was VERY small, especially for how big of a hotel it is, but the view was great from there. If they could redo the pool area to have it be an infinity pool over the ledge, it would be awesome.
The elevators were VERY slow. It would stop at every floor. Sometimes we had 10 stops trying to go up to the suite, which someone in our group had. That was the best part of our stay. The suite was unlike anything - the balcony was massive and it even included a hot tub - it was absolutely stunning.
We used their banquet room one night and the food was delicious.
I probably won't have the opportunity to travel to the area again for a long time, but I doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a conference centre and all areas have been designed with this in mind so don't expect boutique. However I found the reception staff to be very friendly and efficient and the room was a very high standard. What was exceptional was the view from the window. I agree with other reviews that the breakfast needs improving and I did not eat in the restaurants. I found it better to go to the mall nearby which had plenty of choice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Triumph5
Pembroke, North Carolina
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a clean, modern, golf-resort type hotel located in one of the most beautiful areas of this industrial town of Industry. It's on a hill and is surrounded by the golf course. I haven't played golf here, as I am always too busy with work when I'm there, but it looks like the course is very well cared for and challenging.

The hotel rooms are very well appointed for the price and everything is modern and updated even though I believe this hotel has been around for quite a long time. The buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant is great and the service is excellent. The frequent traveler price we negotiated which includes a free breakfast every day is a great value. You won't be disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TimMiddleton
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the web page this spot appears to be great. The rooms were ok, but the bathroom motel 6 primitive. We caught a few cold days, but the heat in all the general areas was not on. Froze through breakfast and dinner. Possibly it does not eve exist. However all,the people could not have been nicer or more helpful, but skip it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Uncle1111

Travelers are raving about these City of Industry hotels

Singapore
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here two separate nights as part of local tour. Room was spacious and amenities adequate.

The first night was in a 2nd floor room facing some exhaust outlets. Kept balcony doors closed to keep the greasy smell from the exhaust out. When we returned for the second night, we requested for room with golf course view which was much better. Tip: Ask for room with golf course view.

Not much food options. Cima restaurant was closed during the time we needed some food. Reds restaurant was way beyond our budget for a simple meal. The nearest restaurants and convenience store were about 15 mins walk away. Some others in the tour group took the walk but the walk back uphill in the cold of the night was not enjoyable.

We ordered food delivery which we collected at the lobby and worked well for us.

Room Tip: Ask for room with golf course view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CD_Tay
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Expectations were rather high based upon the pictures, but beware; it’s a rough neighborhood that surrounds the place. Once my wife and I entered the reception area, all bets were off. About twenty people in line to check-in and only one receptionist. I asked my wife to find the guest store and pick up a couple bottles of water and Unisom, guess what; at 8:20PM it was closed for the night - lovely. Then as I checked in, I’m informed you have less than an hour to eat because the restaurant was being closed at 9PM because water had to be turned off at midnight and it would not be available until 5AM. That also meant, if you want to shower after midnight, or flush the toilet over one time, good luck. And then the crown jewel was no AC available at that time either, so for those of us who like to sleep in the cool at night, it was not an option. I was informed I could open the door to allow the cool air inside; great idea, but the sounds of sirens throughout the night took that thrill away as well. Good news to report, water did come back on early, about 4AM, how did I know that – the sound of re-pressurizing their system sounded like the walls and floors were coming apart. So our first night after a fun day in the airports (day before Thanksgiving), sleep was only for those who sleep anywhere but at this hotel.

Pros: If you like an Asian décor. The staff was actually superb. The views of the mountains were exceptional. The golf pro-shop and course was rather pleasing as well.

Cons: Food was bad, restaurant bathroom was deplorable and the cleanliness of the items on the wall, well you had dust bunnies hanging from décor, that hung over your table – yum! Very boring décor throughout the interior of the hotel.

I would have never selected this place for any other reason. But it was a resort (far from it), available and near a family reunion. Yes the desk was informed, and they promised a better time for us next visit - when hell freezes over :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gddmarshall
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 26, 2013

While I share my experience I'm staying in Pacific Palms. This is my second stay in less than a week and let me tell you worst experience with the "Guest Service" / reception. She is way too arrogant and very rude. Visited Cima and Red restaurant and both were awesome with food and customer service.

Lady at reception does not even give time to finish your sentence and without listening she will in her rude and arrogant manner respond. Been member with Hilton, Marriott never faced worst guest service. First day after 8 hrs of flight reached hotel about 7:30 pm and this lady asked me to wait for about 30 min to assign room despite I got the confirmation regd room earlier and in her rude way says "hotel is sold out".

Good food, beautiful hotel, specious & clean room BUT horrible, pathetic, rude front desk. Never ever in future I'll stay or recommend.

-Amit Singh

Room Tip: Good hotel and food, prices little above average given the location and near by amenities but food b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amit S
Also consider these accommodations in or near City of Industry
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn

Been to Pacific Palms Resort? Share your experiences!