Pacific Palms Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Azusa Inn Motel(La Puente)
Hacienda Motel(La Puente)
Budget Inn(La Puente)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Wayside Motel(West Covina)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf resortgolf courses arethe san gabriel mountainsred restaurantnice resortconference centerlos angelesla areaenjoyed my stayfire pitfloor roomsouthern californiaself parkingcomfortable roomsfree parkingcimashutters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

First things first, this property is fabulous but is in the middle of no where. The views are amazing and the food is decent. Happy hour food is also good along with Karaoke on Friday and Saturday. When people come to LA I tell them Ritz Carlton Marina Del Rey, Pacific Palms City of Industry or Westin Bonaventure. Pacific Palms is an Oasis in the middle of small sleepy town. Yes, you will need a car to get to shopping and real food. The pool and Jacuzzi which is outdoor is nice. Warning: you will find three types of crowds here 1). Golf Folks, 2). Family with kids that insist on diving in 5 feet of water and 3). Lots of Chinese and Japanese Tourists

Room Tip: Get a room on the end .
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jdreynoldsjr
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night recently while visiting the area. I chose the Pacific Palms as I wanted to play golf at Industry Hills and hotels guests can play at member rates and can reserve tee times up to a month in advance (usually reservation are only taken about a week in advance if you not a guest).

The hotel itself was clean and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room had a nice view and was relatively spacious (I had a standard king room). There was the standard in room safe, work desk/chair, a chair and stool to put your feet up on, minibar, free wireless (throughout the property), etc. All the standard amenities you would expect. On the other hand the bathroom felt quite dated and in need of a refresh. It was not very large, the shower/tub a little dark, the toilet seat loose...nothing too bad just nothing very exceptional about the bathroom facilities.

I would stay here again only if I had business close by or was playing golf there. (The golf course was very nice and the Ike course very challenging. Due to it being the end of a long, hot summer the course conditions were a little off but still this is a very reputable public/resort golf facility.) The Pacific Palms is a good hotel if you're there anyway for the golf or a conference, otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way too much to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jamesjustin
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and I would say it is almost excellent. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is exceptional, and the Red restaurant is awesome, especially the outside dining. The mountain and golf course views are also spectacular. The only caviat that I would say is that the internet reception is a bit poor and the rooms are a bit outdated to be on par with a high end golfing facility of this caliber. The price is good however, and I will continue to stay and recommend this hotel for its overall value.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room with both spectacular mountain and golf course views. Also take an evening stroll along the awesome nature trail surrounding the property.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ckckckckckck
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not sure why this place doesn't get great reviews.....we loved it there.

We are very well travelled....have been in great hotels and not so great hotels and this place was a good one. So good we would love to go back. Besides the two fabulous golf courses there, the food was amazing and the staff was top of the line. Especially Mac the General Manager of Red, he always stopped by to ask how we were doing and he even brought out a special dessert for my 7 year old daughter one night. The food was really good too.

Our one little complaint was there were double beds in the bedrooms. My husband is over 6 feet tall and well the double bed was a little small. But none the less it was comfortable.

We would definitely stay at this resort again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank April H
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here two nights with my H as he had meetings. The sink and vanity were outside of the bathroom. The bathroom had toilet and bath tub with shower. Slow running drain. CFL only light in bathroom so you need to wait for it to warm up to see what you're doing. I think it's great to be "green" and suggest we hang up the towels if we don't want them changed, so put some towel racks in the bathroom, then. Towels were rather thin. The only place to put towels was on the back wall of the shower where they would get wet. Our room had no table next to the chair and ottoman but I saw one in a room being cleaned as I passed by. There was a lack of good lighting to read by in our room. The view was very nice as were the Plantation type shutters. The workers were very friendly and helpful. My husband specifically requested not to have a room next to the elevator. We were told they were booked and had nothing else suitable. This could have been a better experience with just a little more effort to make the room a little nicer. If you get the buffet breakfast, it includes eggs made the way you want them. I would suggest doing that as the scrambled eggs on the steam table are rubbery.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Songbird811
PPR123, Manager at Pacific Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Songbird811:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As noted, we were booked during this weekend. We apologize that you received less than desirable accommodations but we are happy that you feel that our staff are “very friendly and helpful.” We pride ourselves on the staff and their ability to make guests feel at home. We hope that you visit us once again to have a better experience here at the Pacific Palms Resort.

-Pacific Palms Management