We stayed at the Pacific Palms for New Years Eve weekend - seeing as this is a conference resort, we expected it to be rather quiet for this normally tourist driven weekend, and it was.
The resort met all of our expectations for a very reasonable price. My husband played the golf course (there's two - Ike and Babe) and said that it was very well maintained. I walked to a few holes and thought some of the views were gorgeous.
I went to the spa, which is pretty modest. The hot stone massage was wonderful. Bath products and spa amenities in the room were great.
The food from room service (burgers) and the St. Andrews Commons snack shop (ham and cheese sandwich) was great; the food at the only restaurant on property currently (Cima - pork pasta dish and prime rib) was adequate.
I think if you visit this property you need to have appropriate expectations - this is not a place to stay if you are looking for a "scene" or want to see the sights in LA. In fact, there area just surrounding the property is quite industrial and not for sightseeing at all. If you are looking for a quiet spot on a holiday weekend to play some golf and enjoy your partner's company in nice surroundings, this is perfect.
One last thing - the staff at the property is among the best of any place we've ever stayed, better even than some 5 Star places. We raved about everyone - from the people who work at the boutique, to the front desk people, to the attendants at the Hot Spot Lounge. Just a really suprising and refreshing change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Palms Resort is the only full-service luxury golf and conference resort of its kind in Los Angeles County. Our glorious hilltop location set against the majestic San Gabriel Valley Mountains and many guest activities make Pacific Palms Resort unique even among the Los Angeles resort hotel circle.We are special to business and leisure travelers because we have what both need to enjoy a stay here, including facilities for a work-related meeting or event. Being within the San Gabriel Valley, but just half an hour from downtown L.A. is another bonus all visitors can appreciate-and we haven't started describing the property itself yet!At 650 acres, Pacific Palms Resort is one of the largest hotels within Southern California. It would take a long stay to sample all we have to offer: here you can find fabulous fireside dining overlooking Celebration Lake, a new spa and fitness center, and our famous 4-star, 36 hole Industry Hills Golf Club.We also take pride in the accommodations themselves. There are 292 rooms to choose from; all of them are beautifully appointed oversized guest rooms, with balconies and fine interior furnishings.The four major airports and four major interstates nearby make getting here a breeze. Come enjoy the spa resort, events venue and restaurants of Pacific Palms Resort for yourself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Palms Hotel City Of Industry
- Pacific Palms City Of Industry