All reviews hot water cuc phuong national park fresh air resort offers hanoi court tennis km environment flowers
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2016

We spend one night in the Sapphire (executive?) villa. The facilities looked like mixture of the old stuff from late 70-ties and several new things added when someone has little money to invest. We had to call the reception, because there was no water. The serviceman came, everything was in order in few minutes, but it looked that nobody checked before if the water is there.
The swimming pool need immediate refreshment - from changing rooms to main pool.

And that strange feeling that we are the only guests. The large restaurant for 100+ people and only four of us... All empty bungalows...

And even more - the feeling we are the only guests for last weeks and who knows when the next guests come... At the same time a lot of people in all other places we visit and stay for the night.

Summary: It was not the totally bad experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. But when you will go there you make experience famous Forrest Gump quote ""Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Michalja2013
Reviewed April 7, 2016

My company had a bad trip there.
It took more than 40mins to checkin and the same time for checkout. Terrible!
We must pay 300VND per people for dinner, but it was several things to eat.
When we ordered some juice, the waitress requested us to pay immediately. She can't wait for us finishing our meal.
We rented 3 bicycles but it's too old and i must replaced 2 times to get an acceptable bike.
The staff were friendly but not professional.

Room tip: bungalows were better than villas :(
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2015

We were cycling Saigon-Hanoi and stayed 1 night here. Unfortunately we arrived late and left after breakfast so hard to rate all the facilities. It is a bumpy road in but once there, surprising facility. There is the main complies which is displayed in professional photos but we had a 3 bedroom bungalow just beyond the main area which had living room, kitchen etc. The whole place felt kind of opulent considering where we were and the route in...a surprise really.
Pros:
Huge bedrooms with comfy (Asian firm) beds
Huge bathroom with funky tub (see picture) and large glass shower
Very pleasant staff that you can call to pick you up in a golf cart
Breakfast had many choices, mainly Asian, but omelettes, toast etc also
Indoor and outdoor pools but used neitherFacilities for conferences, weddings, etc...it's quite a complex
There were virtually no other guests when we were there mid Nov 2015
Near a cool cave, and best of all the Primate Rescue & Rehab Center (great little place!!)and Turtle Conservation Center
Cons:
Though there is a little village nearby, dining options are limited
I would stay here again

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed September 24, 2015 via mobile

Thank you so much for having me here last weekend. I loved the fresh atmosphere in the resort. It was clean and peaceful. Just imagine waking up to beautiful sceneries, it was impressive.

Despite being located in the mountain area, the resort has many facilities that could surprise you. Golf, massage, sauna, indoor pool, café, even karaoke room and farms. I had so much fun with my friends there and felt that this place was better than some other high-end resorts. The experience given was truly organic.

Being a nature hunter, I was astonished by how less the ecosystem was disrupted at Cuc Phuong. Even the food we had at the restaurant was harvested from their in-house farms that were yet been affected by any chemical processes. Wow! I couldn’t be any luckier to have found such a hidden gem in Vietnam and would greatly encourage tourists to stay at this resort. Should I return to Hanoi, I will of course come back here again. <3 Thank you so much Cuc Phuong for the awesome hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Claire_Confession
Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Everyone at this resort was very kind and quickly provided everything I asked for.

The bungalows are quite nice -- a bit more posh than I had expected, but certainly welcomed.

Despite the close proximity to Cuc Phuong National Forest (1.5 km), I never had any problems with insects. Spent a number of hours on my bungalow patio.

All of the staff speaks enough English to accommodate. As a traveler, this is a rare luxury -- usually this can only be expected with the reception.

There are quite a number of services here that I didn't have a chance to enjoy, but the meals were quite exceptional and they had some great wines.

If you're looking for something off the beaten path with great scenery, this is a great option.

Date of stay: September 2015