“Ice Cream dreams come true here.”

Leatherby's Family Creamery
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Citrus Heights
Cuisines: Fast Food
Rocklin, California
“Ice Cream dreams come true here.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

A shift change and a massive rush is what we were told was the reason our table was getting over looked. Once though they knew we were there they were quick to assist us and get our orders in, making everyone happy. We'd forgotten just how much ice cream comes in a hot fudge sundae, thankfully we were planning to share from the beginning. Yet, three of us could have shared the same sundae and been satisfied. It's a lot of ice cream if it takes two people to eating it over 10 min. to finish it off! And such creamy goodness we didn't let one thought of calorie counting enter our head. Everyone enjoyed their order and we will go back...when we are really hungry for ice cream!

Visited December 2013

Orangevale, CA
“We go for Ice-Cream!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have had the hamburger and fries which were good but mostly we go for ice-cream! My grandkids love the milkshakes and I love the hot-fudge sundae. A fun place for an after school treat!

• Visited August 2013
“Yummmmmy!!!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Leatherby's for like 30 years, ever since I was a little kid, and have basically ordered the same thing every time! ... Swiss Milk Chocolate ice cream with LOADS of Marshmallow topping....yumm!
The ice cream here is SO delicious and the toppings are just as wonderful...I've yet to find anywhere that serves up a fluffy marshmallow topping the way Leatherby's does :)
Last night I mixed it up a little at the suggestion of our adorable waiter, Jacob, and got the Mocha Royal ice cream WITH my standard SMC ice cream and it will probably make an appearance in my dish again as it was equally delicious!
Normally I'd say " this is too much $$ for ice cream!" but not here...the prices don't hardly faze me and I keep coming back time &time again!
This place is almost always busy and the service can be slow at times (mostly in the hot summer evenings) but well worth the wait. plan to be there a while, eating, cause the servings are generous!
I almost always take some home.
I get the 'Father Jeremy's Create Your Own' 3 scoop 3 topping for $9.49. (Although I'm not fond of this ones presentation,it is easy to eat in this soup/salad shape bowl &navigate all the different flavors)
Or the "Grandmas Creamery Sundae" also $9.49. (I like the presentation of this one, it comes in a real sundae dish!)
I have yet to try the GINORMOUS "Daddy Dave's Banana Special" with a whopping 5ish scoops 3ish toppings +banana for $11.99... Maybe it should be shared ;)

*They also serve sandwiches, salads and hamburgers
So If your in Sacramento and don't go to Leatherby's, you are missing out!!

• Visited September 2013
Sacramento, Ca.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy ice cream”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Large servings. Variety of ice cream flavors. Friendly service. Clean. Has an old fashion ice cream parlour decor. Family owned & oriented.

Visited April 2013
Roseville
“Good ice-cream with no hype!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Really great ice-cream at super reasonable prices. The individual scoops are unbelievably large as are their ice-cream sundaes AND of course our favorite, a large banana split. The ice-cream itself is cold creamy and full of flavor. You can choose from the old standards and not be disappointed. Rich chocolate, creamy vanilla or sweet strawberry...or venture out to pistachio nut or??? All yummy...we don't come here too often...can't afford the calories but when we do its always a special treat

Visited May 2013