“Prime Rib and Shrimp”

Black Angus Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Great for steak and so much more… Black Angus Steakhouse has built its reputation on providing a Genuine American Steakhouse experience to remember. Our Chefs are proud to serve only Black Angus steaks that are carefully aged, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our other specialties include a variety of succulent seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib. Whatever you’re craving, we pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It’s more than a tradition - it's our passion every day. Black Angus offers a full array of menu items that are naturally gluten free. Ask for their Gluten Free Trail Map.
Orangevale
“Prime Rib and Shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The last time I visited, I had been unimpressed with the lobster and steak, but had liked the shrimp. This time, I am pleased to report that my husband and II did try the restaurant again. He had prime rib, and I had the prime rib and shrimp special. I am pleased to report that we both enjoyed our meal tremendously. The food and service was great, and the atmosphere, as always, was very nice. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for the prime rib and shrimp. If you order the mudd pie for dessert, ask for hot fudge (otherwise, you just get a thin cold fudge topping). The mudd pie serving is pretty large, and two people could easily share it.

• Visited December 2012

Carmichael, California
“Abusive mangement”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family and I tried to dine at Black Angus. The manager Chris Willard was so rude we had to leave. He screamed at me for asking the audio to be turned down. I asked for his card so I could complain. I went to the hostess desk to ask for the GM Chis Willard came stomping in from the bar and told me to quit intimidating his employees. I have never been treated in such unprofessional manner. He followed me to my seat still screaming disrupting his entire bar. It was truly an unbelievable experience. Mr. Willard needs some anger management classes and a new profession.
Kristopher Curry

• Visited December 2012
“There are better places to spend that much money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The overall atmosphere is ok. Clean and not too loud. Service was fair to poor. Long wait between visits from our server.
Not remembering things ordered. An argument with the manager over a coupon didn't help either. Food was very average and the mai tai I ordered had very little alcohol in it(supposedly 3 rums in it). Their prime rib is most definitely not from prime grade beef either. The sweet potato fries were good though. Their bread is always good. Coleslaw mediocre. Was looking forward to the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake but that was the hugest disappointment. Frozen and pretty flavorless was bad enough but they put it on a hot plate so bottom was melting on the plate.
I would not go back and spend my money there.

El Dorado Hills, California
“The best Black Angus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Have been a customer there since it first opened and always had good service, well cooked food and good waiters and waitresses. Unlike some of the other locations, I've never had a bad meal here.

Visited January 2012
Minnesota
“Still a great steak house 20 years later”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

The food was excellent, and service great. Music was a little loud, but we could have a good conversation regardless. I last ate here 20 years ago, and its just as good now as it was then!!!

Visited January 2012