“Good Food, But Quite Noisy”

Elephant Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Elephant Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 168 Restaurants in Citrus Heights
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Elephant Bar Restaurant is a scratch-kitchen specializing in globally-inspired dishes and traditional, American fare. Our food is all made from scratch using the best, locally-sourced ingredients available. All of our cocktails are made fresh when you order, handcrafted in-house by our mixologists. Brunch is offered on weekends 10am-2pm with brunch cocktails, patio dining, and delicious specialty brunch entrees. We've kept the same, great Elephant Bar Restaurant exclusives you've come to love...but made them better, using only made-from- scratch methods and high-quality ingredients. Better menu items, new craft cocktails, new wine list, and new brunch cocktails. We've completely evolved.We can't wait to see you soon!
Citrus Heights, California
“Good Food, But Quite Noisy”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had dinner here and thought the food was very good, but the ambiance was totally lacking. It was so noisy that evening that we almost had to shout to hear each other. Not good for a quiet dinner out!

• Visited November 2012

Fallbrook, CA
“NIce place for a birthday meal”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband use to eat at the Elephant Bar years ago when he lived in Fresno. He said the food and style of the restaurant was exactly what he remembered. The food is pretty good. It is a bit more expensive than a typical chain restaurant though. A major downside is that there are not many vegetarian options and the menu online is different than the one in the restaurant.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank so102778
Citrus Heights, California
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

the Elephant Bar is one of those places that is always crowded, but probably has few return guests. The food is pretty consistently poor quality, and poorly prepared. Nothing here really tastes good, but all the food shares a common "blah" flavor. the meats are dry and almost killed with fake smoke flavor. The portions are large, but when the food isn't good, what does it matter? It is also extremely noisy, so the ambiance is unpleasent. Go somewhere else.

Visited April 2012
Sacramento, California
“Great Appetizers and drinks...”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Oddly, I do not remember the entree...

Only the appetizers and drinks...

Of course it was Happy Hour and we were happy!

Try before a movie at Arden Fair or after a hard day at work...

Visited February 2012
Citrus Heights, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aesthetically exotic!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our youngest son took us out to dinner. The restaurant is decorated beautifully (what I could see of it). The only downside for me was the lighting. I have trouble getting in and out of banquet seating so I have to ask for a table. When she went to seat us at a booth, I told her my problem. She sat us at a smaller round table near the kitchen entrance. It was right next to a pillar with no lighting above it. I believe it may have been a table that the wait staff used to help with service. It was not prepared for customers and did not have silverware, etc. Also, since we were ensconced to the darkest area of the bar, it was easy to forget we were there. It took a while for them to take our orders, get our drinks, etc. For these reasons, I rated it very good instead of excellent. It was astoundingly good food. I had the ribs, my girl had shrimp and steak, our son had jambalaya. All were prepared with deft hands. For me, the ribs had the perfect tenderness and chew. The sauce was tangy. My girl (who does not like coconut) loved the coconut shrimp. She originally ordered because it was steak and that is what she loves. She was going to give me the shrimp, until she tasted it. = ) Okay, she did give me one. It was deeeelicious! We had amazing desserts. For three people with tax and tip, the meal cost about $100. We enjoyed ourselves even with the table gaffs!

Visited October 2011