“Best Gluten Free restaurant, hands down!”
Review of 7 sisters Gluten Free - CLOSED

7 sisters Gluten Free
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Phone is 916-727-2777 In shopping center next to K-mart just off I-80 at Riverside Exit
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Italian food here is authentic and delicious, by any standards. For Gluten Free dining, they are exceptional! The owners are friendly and make you feel like family right away.
When gluten is gastrointestinal napalm, Italian is one of the first culinary exclusions, usually. But here, you can enjoy all the things you've missed like pizza and calzones! They also make fresh GF pasta and bread that you can buy to cook at home later. And, they have both GF and 'regular' so you can take friends and family and everyone can have either. It's a little GF nirvana in our neighborhood =)

1  Thank CleveandKat

Reviewed September 11, 2013

7 Sisters Italiano was a joy to find & experience as my wife & I are both Gluten Free. We do not have Celiac Disease, but have chosen to be GF for many reasons. We are visiting our family in Citrus Heights. We live in Anchorage, Alaska. We went with our "normal" son-in-law and 2 grandchildren and they thoroughly enjoyed the offerings as well. Jeanine was a joy to talk with and the GF bread, pizza crust and pasta was very good. The portions are BIG, so my husband & I shared the Shrimp in Spicy Spinach Pesto, the a la carte Sautéed Spinach and shared the Meatball Sampler among us all. We tasted the GF Individual Pizza our Grandson chose as well. Yum!

Jeanine also informed us that the GF portion of the menu is tested to 0 PPM gluten, the ingredients are 100% Organic and GMO free. I don't know if she also meant the "regular" menu as well...??? But, this is almost as important to us as GF. It's not often you find a restaurant with these qualities! Thank you for all your dedication Jeanine and Todd!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife eats gluten free, so this place popped up on our radar recently, though they've been at this location for a few years. We bring our 1 year old son in, and the staff here just adores him. The whole staff will come out and chat with us when things slow down, which is not often; they have a massive amount of take out business. The food is second to none - the owner has been eating gluten free for 20 years, and knows what tastes good. They have two menus, one gluten free and one regular, and both are delicious. You must try this place whether you're gluten free or not. Very tasty!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went in on a Friday evening and it was not all that busy. No acknowledged us, no one directed us to a seat. We finally grabbed a couple of menus and sat down. No one came to greet us, offer us water or indicated they even knew we were there. After about 5 minutes another group came in and were greeted immediately and seated. Looked like the server knew the group that came in after us. After sitting for another few minutes with no one even noticing we were there, we left. Good way to lose new business.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The food is delicious and everything is made from scratch. My husband and I enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Piccatta. Fresh-baked bread, made with Durham and Semolina, is ethereal - we ate two "loaves" of it. The portions are so large that we brought half of our meals home. Prices are reasonable. My mom is gluten-free, and next time she visits from out of state, we're taking her here. We will visit 7 Sisters again soon!

1  Thank Joanie2030