“Not the same as the others...”
Review of Broken Yolk Cafe

Broken Yolk Cafe
Ranked #99 of 432 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Growing up in SD broken yoke is an institution. Unfortunately, the South Bay version leaves a lot to be desired. The service is consistently slow and we have had occaision to find it rude (we dine with family of 4 or more when we go). That would be reasonably acceptable if the food quality kept up - that has not been our experience. A number of meals prepared not as expected over the past 10 or so times we attended. We are a breakfast family, but unfortunately this one fell off our list of being considered for the rotation. The Mission or Original Pancake House aren't close, but we drive there or skip breakfast alltogether to avoid going back to the BY.

There are newer reviews for Broken Yolk Cafe

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Went there on 1/11 with my family for breakfast. I have been to the other Broken Yokes and had excellent service and awesome food . The Broken Yoke in East Lake had terrible service from beginning to end. The food had no flavor, the waitress was rude couldn't get our order straight then coped an attitude when informed her that we were over charged. Then the other waiter decides to argue with me over what I ordered, when he wasn't the one to take it. My family and I DO NOT recommend. I've had bad experiences but this BY topped the worst. Oh and if you are cold don't bother asking for the heaters to get turned on.

Travelers DO NOT visit this place. If you want a great experience visit OTHER Broken Yokes.

disappointed cx

1  Thank Koolanie
Reviewed March 7, 2010

great place super the breakfast and coffe is delicius go there you enjoyed

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed April 5, 2008

it's kind of like Denny's, only you can get a 12-egg omelet.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 19, 2008

average, over-rated, but the eggs and blueberry muffin is good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook