“It wasnt so bad”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Palm Springs, California
“It wasnt so bad”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

As I mentioned on my other reviews when I write reviews I am very fair on the review based on the star level and the money I paid for the hotel. I recently when to Playa Del Carmen and flew out of Tijuana airport, so I decided to stay in the American side the night before.
I found Day Inn Chula Vista for a very reasonable price. Yes like other reviewers mentioned it was not the Marriott or anything close to it, but I paid less than a rate at Motel 6.
The night I arrived the hotel was full, since I made the reservation threw Priceline I ended up with a smoking room. I did not like it because I do not smoke. I was expecting the worse but it was ok as a matter of fact it was more than expected.
the guy at the front desk was very helpful giving me directions how to take the trolley to the border and gave me tips how to safety cross the border.
One of the things I did not like about this hotel was the neighborhood at night its some what "sketchy" I felt like I was already in Mexico. I would not recommend to walk outside the premises at night.
On the other hand its very close to the freeway, also there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
When I was about to check out I took a peak of a "non smoking room" I realized my room was a little bit up because it was a smoking room.
I will definitely stay there again, next time I will ask for a non smoking room.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non smoking room even if you make the reservation with Hotwire or Priceline...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
San Diego
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great stay! Very nice room, and great service. Rooms were pretty, clean, and service was very friendly

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This place is a good value if you are just looking for the basics at a good price. We were there 3 nights running and found nothing glaring to complain about. Freeway access is very close, it is only a few minutes from downtown, the bay and the airport. We found it a good place from which to roam and we found many restaurants close by and it is very near Tijuana if you wish to venture there. The staff at this hotel were very accommodating and friendly. It appears they are working on place, bringing it up to a higher standard. Don't misunderstand, it was clean and nice, but could use some updating. We would go back without hesitation!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tempe
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Best price.... friendly and helpful staff... close to rester aunts and conv. Store... close to light rail.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed January 3, 2014

he hotel is situated at a good location. Both San Diego SeaWorld and Zoo are within 10-15 miles from the Hotel. staff was helpful, There was sufficient parking. The rooms were clean. Microwave and refrigerator in the room is s big plus. No smoking odors, contintinatal breakfast was nice too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family