“Decent, nothing too fancy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay

Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Decent, nothing too fancy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Location close to the trolley station and food stores nearby was great, but if you want to get around downtown San Diego you're probably better off staying closer to town, even if it costs a little more. Hotel is in decent condition, neighbourhood isn't the best but I never felt threatened.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Los Banos, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Days Inn Chula Vista-nastiest place to stay. I'll start off with the bathtub, while taking a shower I didn't know where to shower or sit down to take a bath because the tub filled up when we told the front desk they had the audacity to ask if had the stopper was close, uh no. secondly the toilet bowl wouldn't refill so the toilet ran most of the night we finally had to take the top off and hold the stopper so it would fill. thirdly this is by far the worst My husband and I are very clean people and we clean up our mess wherever we stay so we stripped the beds to give housekeeping less work to do. However I think we did too much because when we pulled the top sheet off of the bed we were surprised by large stains on the bottom sheet instantly got upset so we stripped the bed my grandfather was sleeping in and the same thing totally disgusted. I went to front desk and demanded to speak to the manager and I was told that he wouldnt be in until after 3 and there was nothing they could do about it and they would have the manager call me(still waiting on that call). Pictures will be added for proof. We were only provided 1 bath towel for a room with people in it so we called the front desk to ask for more and we were told they didnt have anymore. REALLY!!!??. and the second room smelled like there was mold in it. Lastly went to go sit in the jacuzzi to find dirt and sand at the bottom. this place is so unsanitary. I would never recommend this place for anyone, i would suggest pay the extra cash to stay elsewhere

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Amanda D
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed here many many times and I have to say it is our favorite place as a family. The waffles are great too. Anytime I have had a problem the staff was quick and caring making it right. Will definitely go back in the future. The décor is great (we were going before renovation and have returned many times since).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Glen Allen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My room had a leaky bathroom ceiling. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that room on the top floor was occupied, and most probably they might be using their bathroom. What a nice justification for the leak. Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Check the room before you check-in.