“Clean, very up to date”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
coarsegold, United States
“Clean, very up to date”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A nice clean place to stay that has been updated and is modernized inside. Decent complimentary breakfast. Maid cleaned well, but didn't restock supplies much. Wouldn't stop me from staying there again. One of the better Best Western's I have stayed at.

1 Thank Susan T
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure housekeeping hears your comments about the cleanliness of our rooms. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chula Vista, California, Usa
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The bed was comfortable and everything was in working order. Price was reasonable for the season and even though it is located next to a freeway, you couldn't hear the traffic. Good experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. Your words are encuraging to our staff. We are glad to learn that you had a great stay. We hope to see you again at the hotel in your next visit to Chula Vista.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the closest location to the Sleep Train Ampitheatre, but not worth the hassle. I had called and asked to check in early, and was told a specific time to be there. Once I arrived, I was told that no rooms were available until check in time, but I named the employee that had told me I could check in early. I had driven 2 1/2 hours, but had to wait an additional hour plus to get a room.
The room was ok, but we did have to wait for towels, and then call because they were not delivered. We were on the freeway side and it was very loud. I had booked this hotel because I had two teenagers going to a concert at the Ampitheatre. I checked them in early and found that I could not get back to the hotel, because the police had blocked access from the main road. I was directed onto the freeway, going away from the hotel and had to get off at the next exit and figure out how to get back via streets. It took an additional 20 minutes. I could have done better by using my points at a hotel a little farther away.

1 Thank walker6325
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments.
We apologize for not being able to check you in earlier than the check in time. We normally don't have a problem doing so but this was the most important concert of the season and with so many people trying to check in it was hard to achieve everyone's requests.
We normally have all rooms ready by check in time and we make sure the rooms are to your expectations. As you say, even getting back to the hotel was a struggle. We hope you can give us another opportunity and you will not be disappointed. For us customer service is a priority.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First we arrived on schedule and rooms weren't ready. Then we got to our rooms and there weren't towels. Then we woke up to the fire alarm going off at 5 A.M. When we called the front desk to see if e needed to leave or what to do, there was no answer. We left for the day, came back at 4 P.M. and our room wasn't clean. I called the front desk and they let me know that I had to request a cleaning. I guess at this hotel they won't clean it without a request. Very Strange! I think it would have been nice for them to at least let us know. The event that has really made me upset is that our toilet clogged and the front desk alerted me after three calls and over two hours that they didn't have a plunger. Then an employee showed up to our room with a bag over her hand and a large cup. This is not a joke, this really happened. After two tries and toilet water all over our floor, she managed to unclog the toilet.

The gentleman at the front desk offered us a small discount off of our room. Just doesn't make up for our stay. Very disappointing.

The rooms have been updated and are somewhat clean, just hope you don't have any issues. I bet the owner has no idea what goes on at this hotel. As a business owner myself, I would be mortified.

Dear Jami,

We are extremely sorry for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with superior service, but very rarely we have issues like yours. We sincerely apologize for causing so many inconveniences. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Chula Vista hotels

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was a nice hotel with real value for money especially in a touristy place. The hotel was overall neat and clean with nice rooms. The continental breakfast was sufficient enough to refuel us before a busy day around the beaches....

Room Tip: I think the second floor rooms could be a little less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tina,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to San Diego. We look forward to your visit.

Regards,
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When "every" hotel and resort in La Jolla and San Diego was either sold out or demanding $350-550 per night (not much of an exaggeration)--to find a nice, well-run place for $109 a night was amazing. We are very thankful. The surroundings are not great--just a gas station and convenience store off the highway--but the place was clean, well-run, pleasant enough--and a lot cheaper than$550! It gave us what we needed. Furthermore, the route to Coronado via Rte 75 was pleasanter ,and perhaps as fast, as to go by the highway through the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments. We are excited to learn that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that on your next trip to San Diego you give us an opportunity to provide you with excellent service.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Best Western in Chula Vista was easily accessible to all freeways, it was only 12 minutes from downtown San Diego and the room was very nice for the price and location. I was impressed with the quality. Cable tv cuts in and out so don't plan on trying to watch any TV. The lobby staff were excellent, absolutely superb! The maid service was inconsistent, I imagine this is probably the busiest weekend of the year for the staff though so don't entirely blame them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
Best Western Americana Inn
Best Western Americana Inn
#117 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!