“Great service, friendly, courteous, rooms very clean”

BEST WESTERN Plus Otay Valley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
“Great service, friendly, courteous, rooms very clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked a 3 night stay through Expedia...and they failed me. The actual confirmation never made it to Best Western Plus in Otay Valley. It was 3:00 in the morning when my sister and I checked in and found we didn't have a room reserved. Luckily, Hector was there to help us. He spoke with Expedia and got a full refund back to me and (thank God) he had an extra room available as it looked like the hotel was fully booked with all the cars we saw parked (thank you so much Hector!). The service was excellent and our room was very clean with everything we needed for our stay.

I intend to stay there again on my next visit but I certainly won't use Expedia to reserve a room.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
holidayinn8555, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I will make sure that Hector reads your post. Sorry for the Expidia reservation not being at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we'll see you soon.

Victor M Carrera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting San DIego. At first I was disappointed to see how close to the motorway the hotel was located and thought the location looked un attractive. It would not entice you to spend a lot of time there and the pool is located right next to the motorway. However, we were there to see the city so spending time at the hotel wasn't an issue for us. Rosa very kindly got us a room that didn't face on to the noisy road and it proved to be quiet at night time. This is a motel type building and we had a room on the second floor. Our room was fine and had fairly new carpet. It had a walk-in shower that proved to be very good. The WIFI was painfully slow and I gave up n it at times. Breakfast was good and had sausage, bacon and eggs. The breakfast area was busy but civilised and there were good tables provided too. Chula Vista, though about 11 miles south of San Diego was a good location for seeing the city. The motorway took you to Oldtown, Navy Pier, Gaslamp Quarter and Corona in a few minutes. Bilbao Park and Mission Beach were not that much further. Of course the same motorway was hectic and just as manic as the ones in L.A.....good concentration required especially for us Europeans from two lane motorways!
This hotel suited our needs and with free parking was a lot cheaper than those that are nearer to the city. We had a good stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the noisy motorway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BMRCIreland
Thank you for your comments. Rosa is great. I am glad you liked the hotel and that Rosa was able to accomodate you in a room away from the motorway. I apologize for the slow internet we'll make sure this does not happen again. But most of all, thank you for taking the time to speak about our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you visit us again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The room was good, service is nice, location is quite convenient if you're driving around. Bathroom had everything you need and a funny bonus - a manual on the door instructing you not to open the door (of the room) before looking who is there and "if someone claims to be room service, please contact reception to verify if we really sent anyone". This manual made me thinking about crime situation in the area, but we never faced with anything bad like that during our stay there. Everything was nice and smooth.

Room Tip: Corner room has windows looking not to the stairs/walking area, but just out from the wall that nobo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us. We are happy to know we met your expectations, and yes, corner rooms have a better view. We hope we can provide great service again when you visit the area.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in San Diego for a conference but could not afford to stay at the more expensive hotels in the city. I chose to stay in Chula Vista as I have stayed in the area before and always had a pleasant experience. After reading many reviews I chose to go with this hotel. I am so glad I did as the reviews are right! This hotel offers updated rooms which are very comfortable and have all the amenities needed (i.e. refrigerator, coffee maker, ironing board, microwave, etc.) It's also a quick drive to the city and all of the local tourist attractions. The staff are super helpful and very friendly. They made my stay very enjoyable. I will definitely choose this hotel for all future stays in San Diego!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
holidayinn8555, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your comment. Our staff is really happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and that you feel great about the customer service. Please come and stay with us again. We all hope to see you soon in Chula Vista.

Best Regards,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The room was large, nicely decorated, with exceptionally comfortable pillow-topped beds,and super nice for the price you are paying
My family and I enjoyed the pool and spa as well the business center.
The refrigerator and microwave are ways an added bonus for extended stays
The staff is Great Specially Rosa, And the Hotel Manager Victor, Super !! Ready to help in any way with a smile.
Mauricio S

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
holidayinn8555, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed our services and that you had a great time with your family. Thank you for your comments about the staff and mentioning me. Althogh the conversation was short I enjoyed speaking with you. We hope to see you again in the future when traveling to Chula Vista.

Again, Thank you.

Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I wanted a hotel to collapse into and get a good night of sleep in the Chula Vista region. I was helping run a youth camp in Ensenada. I knew I would arrive extremely late. Using Hotwire I found this and booked. The room was large, nicely decorated, with exceptionally comfortable pillow-topped beds. This property has been nicely upgraded. In the morning I found the breakfast was well above average for this type of unit. All was hot, plentiful, and fresh.

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments. I will make sure that our staff reads this. They will be delighted to know that you had a great stay. Please stay with us again in your next trip to Ensenada, hopefully the border wait will not be as bad on your next trip.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The staff was fantastic; Rosa, Maria, Chaelsea, and the manager guy were great. We stayed for 2.5 Weeks. The rooms were surprisingly very nice with upgraded linens, lots of pillows and comfortable beds. The refrigerator and microwave are ways an added bonus for extended stays. My family and I enjoyed the pool and spa as well the business center. I had a lot of court documents to print off and they were ever so gracious in printing my numerous pages with a smile! Chaelsea was helpful in more ways than one.
Every request was answered promptly and accurately. Thank you staff for being so kind and courteous.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are all really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff remembers you well. I am glad our business center was so useful for you. We hope you stay with us again in the future.