“HORRIBLE DIRTY RUN DOWN DUMP W MOLD AND BUGS!!!”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Phoenix, Arizona
“HORRIBLE DIRTY RUN DOWN DUMP W MOLD AND BUGS!!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

$75 a night...OMG WHAT A DUMP! Where do I begin? got a NON smoking room that had dozens of cigarette burns on the counters all over the plastic tub and the 1970's tv! Mold and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. Rotting wood and termite damage on the bathroom door and spider webs on the ceiling! electrical outlet did not work on the vanity area so they had to bring us extention cords to use. Bed was horrible, stiff and noisy. Every time you moved slightly it made loud noises waking up my spouse. No clock in the room. NO microwave in the room. Only one avail was in the front office. The only one icemaker machine was in the laundry room on the first floor and you had to pay to get ice! parking sucked also... barely enough for all the rooms and were so tight next to each other you would be lucky to be able to get out of your car! good luck if someone parked a large vehicle next to you.... you would never get back in. What a waste of money .... I should have stayed at a motel 6 for less money. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME ON THIS PLACE.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Excellent location near many businesses. Coffee maker and refrigerator in the room! Nice and quite=)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2011

It is a awful that a few other people had terrible experiences. All the while, hereafter, my stay I still have a card on hand from this motel.
A smaller venue then i am use to, private, quite, and a added bonus of a coffee maker and fridge in room. Also, the heater warmed me up nice and toasty, as well as; the massage jet force water from the jaquzzi in the evening hours. It was nice to unwind in a decent sized room, study with wi-fi and conclude with a in room movie.
The bed, linens and tolietries were all generiously placed, as well as a extra toilet paper roll. The curtains could be drawn with ease and the pale pink lighting had a warm tone before turning in.
The lobby was clean and well stocked with venues and coupons of recommended venues. Staff was helpful and the location sits in a convinent spot in downtown Chula Vista. I look foward to my next stay in the area, having a tad more spending money and not needing to have a glamorous hotel, I personally can deal with the sacrific. I walked away knowing I spent my money wisely. Thanks Travel Inn, will be seeing you soon.

• Stayed August 2010
El Centro
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I went through Priceline to book this room. Brought my wife to enjoy an Elton John concert for our 27th wedding anniversary. Because of ComiCon happening on the same weekend we ended up having to scramble to get a room. At $112 a night I thought it would be OK. For some reason it had an 8.6 out of 10 rating. I don't how. THis place is a dump. First thing we noticed upon entering our room was that the "queen" beds were doubles. It was supposed to be a no smoking room but there were tell tale signs like cigarette burns on the bed spreads and carpet. There were unfinshed patch jobs on the ceilng where there had apparently been a leak. While sitting on the toilet I noticed that along the base of the wall paper there was a patch of mold growing. The shower curtain looked like it hadn't really been cleaned in a while. The fixtures on the bathtub were corroded and discolored. They looked like they had been there since this place was built- probably in the 70's. Lets now discuss sleeping arrangements. THe mattress on the bed was extremely uncomfortable. I was wondering if they hadn't maybe gotten their mattresses from a SAlvation Army Thrift shop. Did I mention the cigarette burns on the bed spread? The sheets were very poor quality. I found myself itching throughout the night either from too much chlorine in the laundry process OR maybe it was the feeling that something was crawling on me. Maybe bedbugs hiding in the gross looking mattresses or in the carpet that neither my wife or I felt comfortable walking barefoot on . THe TV in the room was a old Zenith that looked like somthing from the 80's or early 90's. And if you want to use their Free Internet service good luck. THe signal strength was terrible and I couldn't get on well and once I did get a connection it would drop out because of the poor signal strength. I don't think we had stayed in such a sorry and poorly maintained room since early in our marriage when we just didn;t have the money to upgrade. THe only positive thing that I could say about this place is that the lady that checked me in was very friendly and helpful and that the small refrigerator actually got cold. This place would be a bad deal at $59 per night. At $112 a night it was a complete ripoff. DO NOT STAY HERE, it sucks. Well at least Elton John gave a dynamite concert.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank captainslash
california
Reviewed July 3, 2010

i use to didnt take reviews for full value, but this experience changed my whole out look, take reviews very seriously, because mine definately is: this plasce is horrible, i wouldnt bring my dog here let known my family, i own a compact automobile and would rather sleep the night in my car then in this because it stinks(very bad order) and the staff is really rude, i am spending my 4th of july here and it really mess up our celebration so be aware if you stay here, i suggest you bring your own bedding one you are willing to throw away after your stay, plenty of lysol, and anything else that will make your stay more bareable. a lesson well learned.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I booked this room through Expedia for its discounted price, but I should've known better. We walked into a room that smelled of must and some rotten stink. Then I turned on the lights to find a room that looked like its gone through centuries of wear and tear and no up keep. The wallpaper was peeling all over and there was an old Zeneth TV that looked like it came from the 80s. Then I pull off the bed cover and there wasn't even a fitten sheet, just a piece of white blanket. The mattress looked like a million years old and had brownish spots all over it...the most disgusting thing ever. A refund was out of the question as there is a HUGE sign posted all across the check-in room stating "NO REFUND." I itched all night, surely of bed bugs. Please please please save yourself and do not stay here....i'm freaked out that i'm going to take bed bugs home with me and now forced to wash everthing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple