“excellent property”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
GreenLeadersBronze level
“excellent property”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay here at this property. The staff was friendly, wonderful and awesome customer service. The rooms are bright and clean. The decor is updated which is nice. I will definitely stay there again. You definitely get all the bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great Service, very quiet and clean rooms. Simple and easy. Located next to gas, food, marina and local outlets. Conveniently located next to the San Diego Trolley station for quick and easy travel. I would definitely stay here again. Price is very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

San Bernardino, California
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have always had a great experience here at the Goodnite inn in Chula Vista.; I come often so it's very important for me to be able to stay at a place where I feel comfortable that doesn't cost a lot.

The staff is so friendly and welcoming and there is a security guard there at night. I see a lot of families there so that is a good sign for me.

The rooms are clean and while there isn't always enough towels ;) they always give me extra when I ask. Sometimes it get's a little noisy outside but I have never felt unsafe.

I would recommend this place to friends who are looking for an economical place to stay while they enjoy all of what San Diego has to offer.

Room Tip: I always request a first floor room in the front by the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My then fiance booked this for us thinking it will be a typical motel... but it just didn't fit the bill. The rooms were old and I remember seeing these guys looking like they're selling something illegal. I definitely did not feel safe when we were there. For the price however, the rooms are spacious and clean. So if you are strapped for cash then go for it. But if you can afford a little bit more, I would say consider going somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights & was satisfied. Front desk staff were friendly & helpful. Reasonable distance from the attractions in San Diego. Had asked for a fridge before arrival & it was there with no extra fees. Not crazy about having to pay for internet access everyday in this day & age but overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CA
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The front desk lady, Coco, is great. She is very friendly and welcoming. I stay in a lot of middle of the road motels and the majority of front desk clerks are miserable, unfriendly, unhelpful and could really care less about the guest. Not the case here.

The hotel is on a quiet street with views of the bay. It's not paradise, but it was better than I expected. The building is well kept and so is the landscaping. Pool looked clean.

My room was very clean. Good size. Carpet looked newer. No stains or burns. Bathroom looked updated with granite and newer tiles. Air worked fine. TV needs updating. Even very low end motels have updated to flat TV's. Cable is very limited.

My only complaint is not having free wifi. I refuse to pay for wifi. It never works well and no one ever cares when you complain. They try to pawn you off on some third party company for technical support. Free wifi was the #1 amenity that guests look for when searching for a hotel according to Tripadvisor. 89% of people say it's a must. Wake up hotel owners.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank John X
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your excellent review. I will definitely share your comments with Coco, as I do all the reviews with the employees. The reviews really help us to see a bigger picture of where we can make improvements, or what we are doing well. I do agree it would be nice to get the Flat Screen televisions. And our company has updated some of our properties already with the new flat screens. We are just waiting our turn.

We are listening to our Customers and I hope to see changes soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

When I pulled in to check in, I seriously wanted to turn around and go. The can't say what some of the other guests were doing but it was pretty suspect to me. I don't like having to go through unnecessary situations like having to have 25 dollars debited from my account to then have it given back for a deposit. I brought disinfectant and clorox wipes with me and I suggest you do the same. I'm not saying the room was dirty, its just my suggestion. My room had an odor, which was wiped out with my disinfectant. Why they don't put wash cloths to bathe with in the room is beyond me??...and yes, I did request them but didn't get any. Luckily, I had a few packed just in case. When I pulled back the sheets I found hair but the truth is it may have came from a housekeeper why she was making the bed. I've worked at a hotel, it happens. I just think it's something to pay a bit more attention too. No one was to lay in someone else's hair. Its real close to the San Diego zoo and to do a little shopping. This is one of those places where IF you stay expect to deal with some things you probably wouldn't want to because it was a decent price. It is what you make of it. I only stayed for two nights and no more and frankly, I won't come again...Just my personal preference.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank JanesseN_1
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your response. It's not typical that we do not have wash cloths in the rooms when a guest checks in, and I apologize if it happened to you. We do sometimes allow guests to check in before the 3:00pm check in time, and then we do try to accommodate them even if we know not all the toiletries are in the room just so they can relax and settle in. The unfortunate thing is we then may forget to go back to put the towels in the room. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to make an excuse, sometimes we try to hard to be accommodating and it back fires. I appreciate this guests understanding with her own housekeeping experience.