“Nice view and attentive staff”

Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Chula Vista
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice view and attentive staff”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had a great stay at the Good Night Inn. Staff was very attentive and rooms were clean. The price is right for the location.Even though there were no kids activities, just down the street is a nature center I can take my son. Sylvia

• Stayed May 2013
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to include such a nice review. It sounds as if you enjoyed your stay. Our success relies on the comments from our guest and we thank you for recognizing the services that were provided, and the cleanliness of your room. We hope we can be there for your future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Recife, PE
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The location here is a bit far from San Diego sites but as most good nite inns it was cheap and fairly clean. I think a cleaning maid must have been in a hurry because one of the rooms had a used condom between the mattress and the box. I used to manage a hotel and know that some jokers do that and if the maid is in a hurry she won't look.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We value your feedback and I'm very sorry you had a bad experience at the hotel. I can assure you it is not typical of our staff not to check between the mattresses. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and maintaining our high standards in the rooms and the property.. Our location might not be in the heart of San Diego, just 9 miles from it with a one block walk to the Trolley station that will take you there. We do offer a Waterfront view of the Bay.. We are 6 miles from Seaworlds new Aquatic Waterpark, 10 miles from the San Diego Zoo, 12 miles from Seaworld and Just across the street of the Nature Center. and 5 miles to the nearest beach. I do hope this information helps for what ever attractions other guests may want to visit.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very happy with our stay. Wake up call to all the bad reviewers: it's a bargain motel! Those who are expecting the Hilton will be disappointed. Those who understand that you get what you pay for will be happy. It's safe, clean, and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013
I'm so happy we accommodated your stay and that you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate your comments and your honest opinion. Thank you so much!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a REALLY horrible experience with another budget motel in the area the night before checking in to the Good Nite Inn, so was not convinced...

The Good Nite Inn does not pretend to be anything else than what it is, a budget motel with a really nice touch!
Professional and friendly staff, clean rooms, wi-fi access (surcharge) and decent location, just next to the Freeway.

The only two drawback was that the Internet was a bit unpredictable at times. Maybe too many users on one access point, as I was disconnected many times and couldn't log back in for a while.
According to reception staff, there is also a shortage on parking spots outside the rooms, but they have additional parking in the back.

All in all a very pleasant stay and I would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the opportunity to provide you the service you deserve. I appreciate the nice things you said about our staff and how you reviewed us. Your comments are very important to us, and we are grateful.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are in the construction business and need a good rate on rooms, this is this place. Maria at the front desk is very polite and helpful, as is everyone I have talked to. Good value, Good Service, Rooms are big and clean Good Location, Good for business,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dessa C
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you very much for such a great review! Maria and the staff appreciate the positive feedback, and enjoys seeing their names on the comments. We look forward to seeing you and your company back again Best Regards!

I
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I booked my hotel online early in the morning and especially after receiving an email with no specific check in time, I planned to check in as soon as I got into town. When I arrived, a very rude desk clerk told me that I couldn't check in until 3pm. After telling her I had NO email with any time listed, she told me there was nothing she could do. Vacation off to a bad start and having to find something to do for 5 HOURS, I returned at 3 and was told by a different clerk that they needed to place a hold on my card in case of damages, but said hold would be taken off immediately upon check out. Her words exactly. Well, 5 days later and holds still on. When I called and talked to 2 incompetent employees (including the manager, who was extremely rude) I was told that it takes 3-5 days, and that the hold was removed on their side so his employee was right for saying what she said. Hmmm, why don't you say it can take 3-5 days to return to your card instead of immediately? The bathroom in my room was not clean, there is not enough parking for how many rooms there are, and it's next to a strip club. Needless to say, I have already and will continue to tell anyone I know to NEVER stay with this chain. Motel 6 treats guests better than this.

• Stayed April 2013

Facing the Ocean
Good Service
Rooms are big and clean
Good Location
Good for business, couples, family, friends
I usually stay in this place when I come to San Diego.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side, facing the ocean side