“awesome property!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“awesome property!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This property was very affordable,quiet,clean. location was great to my family and friends as well as where i needed to go.its also close to the nature preserves which is an awesome place to take the kids.

Room Tip: very close to highway
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Management & Staff thank you very much for your positive feedback. The Living Coast Discovery Center (formerly the Nature Center) is so convenient since it is pretty much just across the street. It's great for young children seeing Wildlife in their natural habitat, various sea creatures in aquariums and truly not that expensive. Something for everyone. I appreciate our guests mentioning it because it is so close.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Budget travel is always a bit of a juggling act. Great rooms are out there, but price inevitably becomes a factor. There's a point however where you're no longer willing to trade comfort or convience to save a couple bucks. Success means finding a Goldilocks happy medium - a great place at a reasonable price, hopefully close to where the fun is.

The Good Nite Inn exceeded our expectations in all factors - so much so that we used our phone to book an extra night online! The staff was gracious and friendly, allowing us to stay comfy and cozy where we were rather than having to "check out" and "check back in" again. Little touches like this go a long way in my book.

Know what you want ahead of time and you won't be disappointed. Here are the major selling points for me:

- A room that's clean, quiet and comfortable
- A friendly, helpful staff
- A great price
- Proximity to local attractions (roughly a ten mile drive to the majors)
- Secure parking
- Available wifi

Potential drawbacks:

- Other reviewers have noted the nearby strip club. This was of some concern when I initially booked the room but turned out to be a non-factor for the most part, mostly because of the geography of the hotel in relation to the club. The hotel grounds are gated and at least half a block from the club. I felt a bit odd heading downstairs to our car on occasion. I wasn't convinced that a few people I saw passing by were guests. But other than that, no big deal.

- Distance to LegoLand, Petco Park or downtown San Diego runs about 8-10 miles. We were there for a concert at the House of Blues and found it to be no problem whatsoever.

We wanted a place to rest and relax before the show and a place to crash afterwards before our drive back to Los Angeles. We wanted someplace nice, someplace we could find peace and quiet that wouldn't break our budget considering the prices in the San Diego area. On those terms, this was a screaming bargain. We plan to return whenever we're in the area or are just looking for a weekend getaway. We liked it so much, we even booked another Good Nite Inn in Sylmar on another night of the tour! (You'll see my review for that if you look.)

Room Tip: Grab your parking early if you can. Limited spaces exist around the lobby while the others are more...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattermind
The Staff appreciates the recognition and positive feedback. We enjoy what we do, and helping our guests to enjoy their vacation or business trip is what we are all about. We do honor the internet rate when we can verify it ourselves. By booking directly with hotel, does add convenience to the guest for cancellations in case of emergencies.
We are always willing to work with you.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice clean rooms. Searched the internet and this place has one of the best prices out there. Service is good and friendly. Would recommend to anybody visiting San Diego or looking for a place to stay for awhile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph R
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to include a review. We offer few amenities, however the few things I can offer, I am very pleased that you recognized them and that was cleanliness, friendly service and Great Price. We appreciate and Thank you very much! I hope we can be of service to you again,
Lahaina, Hawaii , United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am a business traveler, stay in " hotel Settings" all over the United States. since I am at the mercy of my employers and their " Save a buck, I am not going to be staying there" attitude normally ( its human nature - I get it ) I have at some times been " stuck" with less than standard accommodations. HOWEVER, this is the second " Best Nite INN " in the last month I have stayed at. and it seems to be standard policy to " Give Above Standard Attention to Guests "
Grounds are Patrolled and cleaned constantly, Maid service adjusts to your schedule in terms of when you are not on property. here is a great example of why I give this property in Chula Vista a above average rating.- We checked in with out the company putting us on the REZ -" No problem we will allow time for the adjustments to be taken care of by your home office "
We were earlier that expected and policy is " check in is at 3 pm " - No problem you can check in now ( 1pm)
once we checked in, we noticed no refrigerator in room, i called the front desk, was made aware that " 2 bed units did not come standard with that, BUT I will ask maintenance to get you one"
We tried to connect to WIFI with out any signal ,,, I am ALWAYS on line for business and this was a definite disappointment BUT no more than 30 mins after I let the front desk " Maria " know I was unable to connect -- full signal on wifi and a brand new fridge plugged in and chilling - so I can be " chill too "
all in all clean place inside and out, Not the TaJ Mahal but not at that price either. again this is the second time I have stayed with this brand Hotel and both have done nothing but impress me with their accommodating professional attitude.

Room Tip: front side facing the SD Bay
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JP Y
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. When a guest is here on business, I know it's even more difficult to stop what you are doing. And we really want to recognize our business clientele. Typically quiet and behind the scenes. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I'm glad, be it the price and location that drew you here, that it will be the cleanliness and the customer service that keeps you coming back.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

No problems with the hotel. Stayed two nights. It is a little south of downtown facing the bay. Free coffee in the mornings. Secured parking lot. TV channels selection is limited. A little tip, Take CA 75 from south and go to Coronado from there. the 10 mile drive is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment, The brief tourist information is really appreciated and so noted. Coronado is beaufiful and we can actually view it from the Good Nite Inn which is located just off of the Chula Vista Bay. I'm glad everything went well while you were staying with us. We hope we can assist you in future stays.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, the staff was very courteous and helpful. My family enjoyed the pool and was glad the pool was kept clean. There was many times we were continually impressed by the staff Especially the housekeeping staff they were top knotch. I was also glad on the front desk staff who were professional I know my family was safe and was very happy with all that you did to make our stay the best as we were without a place to live as our apartment was not available and even though we were without home the staff made us feel we were home and I Thank You!

Room Tip: Rooms near stairwells are the most convenient
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John A
Dear Valued Guest,
Your comments about the Hotel & Staff have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. I have posted your review on our bulletin board in the Housekeeping office and at the Front Office.
Your repeat visits did bring a happy since of comfort and brings in a familiarity that not every one experiences, and there are no words that I can say to show my gratitude, we appreciate you for coming back and hope you have settled into your new home.