“Good Nite Inn”

Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Chula Vista
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice clean rooms. Searched the internet and this place has one of the best prices out there. Service is good and friendly. Would recommend to anybody visiting San Diego or looking for a place to stay for awhile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph R
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to include a review. We offer few amenities, however the few things I can offer, I am very pleased that you recognized them and that was cleanliness, friendly service and Great Price. We appreciate and Thank you very much! I hope we can be of service to you again,
Lahaina, Hawaii , United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am a business traveler, stay in " hotel Settings" all over the United States. since I am at the mercy of my employers and their " Save a buck, I am not going to be staying there" attitude normally ( its human nature - I get it ) I have at some times been " stuck" with less than standard accommodations. HOWEVER, this is the second " Best Nite INN " in the last month I have stayed at. and it seems to be standard policy to " Give Above Standard Attention to Guests "
Grounds are Patrolled and cleaned constantly, Maid service adjusts to your schedule in terms of when you are not on property. here is a great example of why I give this property in Chula Vista a above average rating.- We checked in with out the company putting us on the REZ -" No problem we will allow time for the adjustments to be taken care of by your home office "
We were earlier that expected and policy is " check in is at 3 pm " - No problem you can check in now ( 1pm)
once we checked in, we noticed no refrigerator in room, i called the front desk, was made aware that " 2 bed units did not come standard with that, BUT I will ask maintenance to get you one"
We tried to connect to WIFI with out any signal ,,, I am ALWAYS on line for business and this was a definite disappointment BUT no more than 30 mins after I let the front desk " Maria " know I was unable to connect -- full signal on wifi and a brand new fridge plugged in and chilling - so I can be " chill too "
all in all clean place inside and out, Not the TaJ Mahal but not at that price either. again this is the second time I have stayed with this brand Hotel and both have done nothing but impress me with their accommodating professional attitude.

Room Tip: front side facing the SD Bay
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JP Y
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. When a guest is here on business, I know it's even more difficult to stop what you are doing. And we really want to recognize our business clientele. Typically quiet and behind the scenes. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I'm glad, be it the price and location that drew you here, that it will be the cleanliness and the customer service that keeps you coming back.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

No problems with the hotel. Stayed two nights. It is a little south of downtown facing the bay. Free coffee in the mornings. Secured parking lot. TV channels selection is limited. A little tip, Take CA 75 from south and go to Coronado from there. the 10 mile drive is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment, The brief tourist information is really appreciated and so noted. Coronado is beaufiful and we can actually view it from the Good Nite Inn which is located just off of the Chula Vista Bay. I'm glad everything went well while you were staying with us. We hope we can assist you in future stays.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, the staff was very courteous and helpful. My family enjoyed the pool and was glad the pool was kept clean. There was many times we were continually impressed by the staff Especially the housekeeping staff they were top knotch. I was also glad on the front desk staff who were professional I know my family was safe and was very happy with all that you did to make our stay the best as we were without a place to live as our apartment was not available and even though we were without home the staff made us feel we were home and I Thank You!

Room Tip: Rooms near stairwells are the most convenient
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John A
Dear Valued Guest,
Your comments about the Hotel & Staff have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. I have posted your review on our bulletin board in the Housekeeping office and at the Front Office.
Your repeat visits did bring a happy since of comfort and brings in a familiarity that not every one experiences, and there are no words that I can say to show my gratitude, we appreciate you for coming back and hope you have settled into your new home.
Highland, Utah
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We will not stay in this hotel again. We paid about $98 for two nights. We should have left the first night. The smell of the room was horrible so we actually went and bought Febreze spray to make it tolerable (I know, we are push-overs). The carpet was so bad that I had my children keep their shoes on the whole time. I feel so cheap to have wanted to save a buck and put my family through that.

The beds were lousy. It felt like it had been used for 30 years (probably has). The walls were not sound proof at all. The second night was horrible. The person next door decided to have his tv turned way up in the middle of the night. This area is very sketchy so I did not feel like knocking on their door so instead I walked to the manager's office. The manager's office was locked and the person behind the counter was fast asleep! I even took a picture of them sleeping as I was in shock. There was no customer service whatsoever.

As if the next door neighbor wasn't bad enough, we heard trains, airplaines and even police sirens all night. I think I got about 2-3 hours of sleep. Never again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
////////4
To our Valued Readers,
I apologize if any customer has such an uncomfortable stay. I'm sorry if the room didn't meet expectations, cleanliness that was mentioned is unacceptable, If I had known I would've gone above and beyond to either room change the guest or shampoo the carpet. A Nature Center just across the street, caters towards children, and at the time of this posting there were no open businesses on either side of us. So we are a very quiet location. While we offer the best rates in the area, there are still amenities that others offer that we donot so we try to offer the best customer service and clean rooms.
We can offer various locations in the hotel for being quiet or gear for placement location for children. Tell us your needs and we will do our best.
Providence
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel in the past because it offered such low rates. Always lower than other hotels in the area. However, this all changed on my recent trip to San Diego! My rates were much higher than surrounding hotels, and they dropped the free breakfast also. I also noticed a smell in my room, which wasn't the case usually in this hotel in the past. The location is still great due to closeness to the trolley and freeway, however, for my money I will stay up the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize that you were not aware that we had dropped the Continental Breakfast back in April. We did take off all advertisement on the various websites before stopping the service, but as a repeat customer you had expectations and I'm truly sorry.
Our rate structure has not changed, we always offer the best price first and as occupancy increases so do our rates. What I can do is on a same day of arrival if you are seeing a lower rate online with another hotel in the Chula Vista area. Let me know. I will see what I can do!