Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2017

Extremely helpful and friendly staff.
Clean room with a nice layout (despite being and older building).
Relatively close to airport and essential amenities.
Delicious continental breakfast with many options.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2017

Room 254, March 20 - 24 2017. First I have to commend the check in and breakfast staff. The woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful. She made a OUTSTANDING first impression. (We checked in around 5:30 PM on the 20th in case the hotel managers read this and want to commend their employee, she deserves it.)
It went downhill from there. When we went to the restroom in our room to refresh ourselves after a long day of travel. My husband noticed a large clump of hair stuck to the wall just above the trashcan. At some point during your travel experiences, you stop caring and want to relax, so we chose to ignore it.
The next day we showered without making eye contact with the hairball.
The breakfast staff was helpful and seemed to be honestly interested in making sure everyone was taken care of. (The breakfast was horrible, stale bread, fruit I would not have purchased... we should have bought breakfast from the McDonalds across the street.)
The hotel has amazing freeway and commuter train access. That means, you'll hear trains and freeway noise ALL of the time. Not a negative, just set your expectations for a noisy night.
When we returned to our room that evening, we noticed the hairball was sill there. Really? Another employee cleaned out the garbage can and failed to notice the HUGE, black hairball 1" from the garbage can? We were so tired we decided to name it "Harold" rather than complain.
We skipped breakfast the next morning and shelled out the $ for a decent, fresh breakfast.
After a day at Legoland, we returned to the hotel and noticed "Harold" was missing in action. I was a little sad. Then I noticed the bathroom window was wide open and there were ants everywhere in the bathroom. "Harold" must have been a beloved hairball and his passing brought out many mourners.
There was a weird chemical smell in the air. I have a feeling someone murdered Harold and attempted to take out his following. HA! There was hundreds of those little 6 legged mourners, good luck with that!

At that point, I didn't know if I'd stay there again. It was a toss up. Good service, some rather NASTY cleaning practices but it was a fair price.

Then we had to leave our flight at 3:00 am. They don't employ security guards and the people who are up to no good know that. I wouldn't recommend this hotel because of the lack of security, especially if you have young children like we do.

4  Thank mcarskaddon
BW_SouthBayInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

I want to apologize for your stay. I will be speaking with my housekeeping staff. As far as the security of the hotel, we have security cameras all over our property and our night auditor does walk around the property.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

The room I was in had one king size bed. It was me and one other person, yet there was only 1 towel. We had to request more towels. We also Ike extra pillows so we requested those as well. We had no problems with our request being met. Just thought it was weird there was only 1 towel. The front desk staff was very courteous and kind. They were both very helpful. Although it looks a little rundown on the outside it was clean and comfortable. Another negative things was that the hot water took forever to get hot, but it did happen. So just be patient. Turn it on and come back in 5 minutes and you will be just fine. We didn't try any other amenities but had a nice and pleasant stay. Wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2017

Good service. Recommend to my friends in the future. Staff are friendly, they smile and very helpful especially Cecelia at Bestwestern south bay hotel. Breakfast was good too!! Staying was very satisfied.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

I stayed here because the cheap motel 6 I was staying at was trash. They didn't compare. I felt safe in the location and there was plenty of close restraunts. Also not to far from the beach which was a big plus! I will be staying here on my next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW_SouthBayInn, Manager at Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

I glad you felt comfortable and safe here. We try our hardest to make sure everyone enjoys their stay with us. Please come stay with us again.