Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. We were here to see San Diego, which was right up the road but we stayed in Chula Vista which was much cheaper and considerably easier to navigate. We stayed in the family suite, which was awesome! My husband's and I had a secluded bedroom with a king size bed and a locking door separating us from our kids. It was "almost" like a romantic getaway. ;-) The hotel was in a great location, right off of the highway, right next to the metro station, and about a mile away from the ocean. There was a little bit of noise from the metro station an so other guests, but nothing you wouldn't expect from staying in any other motel. The facilities are a little bit older, it could stand a remodel, but everything was kept very clean. I spoke with the people at the front desk, housekeeping, the ladies in charge of the breakfast room, and the maintenece man. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would love to stay here again. My family and I were very happy that we chose this location.

Trip type: Traveled with family
BW_SouthBayInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Thank you for the awesome review! The family suite is a great room for exactly the reasons you gave. Large room for the family and a secluded area for the parents. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are getting ready to start renovating our bathrooms with new tubs and new surrounds. I do hope you will come visit us again.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

close to harbor and freeway great place to be central location to all san diego has to offer and it is off the path enough to not be in traffic and rst of tourist traffic fun safe clean the breakfast next door is amazing as well as the fun breakfast at the hotel

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW_SouthBayInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

The hotel offers a very good price. We used this hotel as our base of operations for touring San Diego. Clean, good TV and good shower, but the hotel seemed a little "tired." The breakfast was only "OK," the heating system was a bit hit or miss, and the towels were thin and skimpy. Maybe its time for them to do a bit of an upgrade.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW_SouthBayInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Thank you for the review. Our hotel is getting ready to start our next phase of renovations. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

Nice facility - but received a phone call at 8:10AM saying that the electricity would be shut in 20 minutes because the hotel had a construction project. I had work to do and planned to stay until check out at 11AM. Ooops - did they miss that 11AM is check put time. Guess so. Would have been easy to let me know upon check in OR just put me in another building. Make your own conclusions.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank JanandCaptainRob

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Our building was having electrical panels replaced, all of our guests were informed of this upon check in. During our morning reminder calls, guests were offered another room if they wanted it. I do apologize that you felt you needed to leave to finish your work.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Pros: This hotel are quite decent. Staffs are very helpful. Nice breakfast. Nice location. Excellent value for money. Things to improve: Room decor has scope of improvement. Internet speed was bit slow.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Chhayakant
BW_SouthBayInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Thank you for the review, we are currently going through renovations... so room improvements are on the way! Come visit us again.