“Not very child friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chula Vista
Chula Vista RV Resort
“Not very child friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

We have stayed here many times as a family of 2 children ages 8 and 10. We love this park but seems families are not very welcomed. They are all over my kids for, running around, riding bikes too fast, playing in the street, eating in the pool area, and just simply having fun. Also, we were kicked out of the pool during senior swim time and not a single senior showed up. Making 6 families leave for this is ridiculous!!!! In addition, you can only burn the duraflame logs here. We are very much aware of this and do follow this rule. One of the frouchy old men came and looked at and checked our duraflame four different times. How annoying........! Keep it 55 and older if thats what you want to cater too! Grouchy, unwelcoming people!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank dprell

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Apple Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

Chula Vista RV Resort and Marina rated as a five star, but I would be more comfortable with a strong rating of three stars; with explanations. The resort is fabulously manicured and cleanliness second to none, but if you want to resort in a police state this is your resort; they have more signs posted then the New Jersey turnpike. No Pet’s here, Don’t climb on trees, Don’t play on or near patio furniture sliders, Don’t Fart in the pool, No Jumping, No Diving, No Food; the list could continue. My five year old mistakenly opened a cheese snack within the pool area, and security was on us like the Gestapo; which rules are rules but no consistency on enforcement. Second issue was my five year old who was in the general store with her mother, was merely looking at toy ball and carefully removed it from the display and the store clerk sharply informed her if she’s not going to buy it do not touch it. I found this resort not to be children friendly at all. Even in the resorts handouts at registration they have a brief notation that children’s toys or bicycles’ can be confiscated and not returned until checkout; very extreme. I practice the spirit and letter of the law, and not dictatorship ruling that makes for uncomforting feeling.
The park caters primarily to the senior crowed, which I have no problem with; but with that then make it a fifty-five and over and no children. My children are very well disciplined and their brief contact with Attila the Hun in the general store tainted they thought of the park. I asked the Attila the Hun if the children were allowed to step on the cracks in the cement sidewalk; but I did not get a reply.
Security services at night patrol the resort in great consistency checking every site, door, and common areas; and their hand held radios blaring. One night security officer found my vehicles door left open and notified me promptly, which was much appreciated. The general store is grossly overpriced on most every item especially beer and wine, so if you enjoy the sprits pack heavy. The surrounding community is to my standards a ghetto, but did find a Rubio’s for lunch. Don’t waist you money at the Marina Galle and Grill even for the all you can eat, the food is low grade dog food and they smile as they serve it to you; every table around us complained of the poor quality and nothing was done to satisfy the customer.
In closing Chula Vista RV Resort is an emasculate resort, but if you’re not a senior and have children this is not the park for you. I found the general staff rather arrogant and as mentioned managed as a police state. I appreciate a safe and secure environment for my family camping/resort vacations, which we experience at any of our Thousand Trails membership and parks such as Ocean Mesa at El Capitan in Santa Barbra, and I can assure those reading this review that expense is not an issue with me. Chula Vista fell greatly short of my expectations, and would be surprised if I returned. Next time at the pool somebody drop a BabyRuth bar in there for me. Thank you for your time and consideration regarding the content of this review.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank PDKSBSD
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Our RV club goes to Chula Vista RV resort every year because of the great location, facilities, and friendly people to work with. We like it so much that we go there with friends, as well.

In response to another review from a lesbian couple who were asked to leave the resort, I hope that is never repeated. Last year there was another club, best described as a Rainbow RV group, enjoying the resort. I didn't notice any friction between this group and other campers, or with the management.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BineBine
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

The RV park itself was OK - albeit a little cramped but in poor location and pricey - particularly pecuniary and mean spirited by charging for WiFi internet access.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Richard-hq
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

This was the first park we stayed in with our rental RV. We arrived late but were met at the gate, led to our site and helped to park up and plug. The next day they even helped us with our water connection. Very friendly service from the staff. Our kids loved the pool and we felt safe and relaxed. The location next to the sea is lovely, the sites well spaced and the park very clean and tidy. We would recommend this site.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

We loved our stay at Chula Vista RV Resort. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the sites and the amenities offered. The kids loved the pool and arcade as well as riding bikes around the park. It is on the water, although it is not a real usable beach. There is a bike bath and park that borders the resort and the marina.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Banning, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

This is one of the finest facilities I have stayed at. In fact I now keep my boat at the marina full time. Both the RV Resort and the Marina are spotless and the grounds are beautiful. The management, and staff at the Marina have been more than helpful and very pleasant to deal with. The security is excellent and the two restaurants (with really nice bars) are very very good.

• Liked — Easy to reach, close to San Diego entertainment, great facilities
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Trailerman76
Loews Coronado Bay Resort
San Diego Metro KOA
San Diego Metro KOA
#1 of 3 in Chula Vista

Been to Chula Vista RV Resort? Share your experiences!