El Primero Hotel
$109
BestWestern.com
$101
ComfortInn
Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista(Chula Vista)(Great Value!)
$90
$124
$120
HIExpress.com
$106
$89
$67
$124
Chula Vista Inn(Chula Vista)
$89
$76
$239
Residence Inn
All reviewspiemangobed and breakfasthome away from homefresh fruitsan diegochain hotelfamily ownedrecommend elbeautiful courtyardrooms are smallart decohard boiled eggsevery morningbreakfast was deliciousqueen bedanother guest
Reviewed August 25, 2012

What better welcome to a one-week stay in El Primero than your own country's flag (Israeli, in our case) gently flapping in the breeze in the courtyard? Breakfast was one of the highlights of this modest but superb B@B - wonderful choice of fresh fruit, cereals, eggs prepared like cup-cakes, coffee, toast and other choice breads. The other guests from different countries were super-friendly, as were the owners who gaily welcomed us to a new day with smiles, magazines - or even more fresh delicacies from their pantry. It was more like attending a party! My huband and I were really sad to leave, and to say "Goodbye" to Pi, his beautiful wife, and to all the other guests who made us feel we were leaving the family.
1) Good location with easy access to buses, and small supermarket. 2) We had a pleasant, quiet room on the first floor (no stairs). Everything was in perfect working order. 3) The owners were BEST hosts - although the impression was that they were on holiday too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hatishbi2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Well, after reading such rave reviews on TA you would expect perfection. BUT, that wasn't our experience. They actually saved the correct room on the wrong night after I called to make the reservation. So, why would I give them a 4 star rating? Because they did WHATEVER they had to do to make it right!
We found ourselves in San Diego with the Padres, Chargers, & a concert all in town at the same time ... and when checking for a late arrival to find our reservation had been mixed up, we found ourselves without a hotel room. But the GREAT operators of El Primero found a way to work things around and gave us a great rate since they had made the mistake on the booking.
We thoroughly enjoyed our queen-sized quaint room. We had a great nights rest. We were the first down to breakfast and had our fill of some good homemade food (we suggest the quiche, banana nut bread, and the yummy mango) ... and while we enjoyed our food we were enthralled with our conversations with the lovely Filipino owners/operators.
Give it a try! You will be SO glad you did! A very easy drive from San Diego!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rex M
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We Stayed at El Primero for a business trip for about 11 days this last July. Even though we arrived late at the hotel, we were greeted with the best smiles and we were shown to our rooms. The place is full of character and is kept with great style and cleanliness. Apart from having a wonderful hotel stay with no complications whatsoever, we were treated like family by Mr. Pie, Sol. and Katie. After long days working it was always nice to go back and receive a warm welcome and excellent suggestions for food and things to do around Chula Vista and San Diego. I would highly recommend anyone who is planning to spend time in the Sand Diego area to go to El Primero. It was truly one of the best experiences I have had with a hotel, and I know my team thought the same!

GC

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel if you are in the San Diego area. It is about 10 minutes out of downtown but the city is easily accessible on the 5. Some people mention the condition. If you want a place that has polished marble everywhere, don't book it. If you want somewhere with a comfortable bed, wonderful staff, solid breakfast and some character...this is your place. Yes it shows a little wear (in a good way), but it is very clean and well appointed. You would be hard pressed to do better at this price. You'll love breakfast in the courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I just walked in and was greeted with smiles and a warm welcoming. The owners Soledad and Pie are amazing. My stay at the El Primero Bed & Breakfast Hotel was more than comfortable. They made me feel like family. I stayed in the Mount Soledad room and bed was very comfortable, especially with the duvet. Breakfast in the kitchen and/ or the courtyard was delicious and great to meet other guests. The location was close to everything. I've travelled all over the World and this was by far in my top 5 for Best Bed & Breakfast Hotel. The Owners personal hospitality and service made my stay more than exceptional. It made my stay...perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business