Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
$110
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$124
$219
$209
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

$109
$126
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

El Primero Hotel(Chula Vista)
$122
Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista(Chula Vista)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

Chula Vista Inn(Chula Vista)
$110
All reviewsfree parkingmodern decorsan diegofrosted glasstacos el gordoh streettea and coffeecovered parkingfacing the streetnice hotelwalk in showeryogurtfree breakfastroom keytrolley stationother hotelsthe breakfast area
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here for only 2 nights, but if we could stay more we would be even more happy. Almost everything is perfect in this hotel. It is brand new with all the modern amenities i.e. new carpet, 24" tv, contemporary room and bathroom design, breakfast included in the already very low price as well as apples and cookies during the day, free parking. Add to this very polite, invisible and efficient stuff service, and it is very easy to realize that you are staying in one of the best hotels. There are tons of shops and restaurants in walking distance from the hotel(Macys, Starbucks, 7/11 and everything else you may like). The best deal you can get through their website. It's just $93 per night for three of us including taxes. When we visit San Diego next time we will definitely stay here, and we will recommend this hotel to our friends.
As always there is room for improvement. For the total perfection we would add an iron, a trash basket in the living room, and a mirror at the entrance to the room.
Thank you, Hercor hotel, for the pleasant experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank UCman
Reviewed March 28, 2014

It was a pretty nice place to stay although I did run into a couple of issues.
I did a Groupon for my last 2 nights in San Diego/Chula Vista for a single deluxe room. I'm not sure if I overlooked it on the site or other reviews that there is a $100 deposit to stay there but it is removed from your credit card around a day after you check out. I received my card keys which did not immediately work and had to be switched out. A couple that came in a little before me had issues with theirs too.
The single room main area is a little more compact and I probably hit my lower leg about 2 or 3 times on the bed corner going to the bathroom. The bathroom was a very nice size and very up to date. The only real drawback there is it's not that bright even if you turn all of the bathroom lights on. It makes it a little harder to put make up on if you need to see how much is actually on your face.
The first night for me was a little miserable due to the smoke alarm battery decided it was time to sure. I called down to the front desk to let her know and she came up to change the battery but only had AA batteries and no 9 volt batteries. Apparently they don't have anyone at night that can fix that so I literally spent the whole night listening to that beep when all I wanted to do was sleep. The maintenance guy was able to fix it the next morning do I didn't have to go through it another night.
The breakfast was nice although I wish there would have been a microwave because I would have loved to have melted cheese on my eggs. Since there is limited seating at tables there is seating at the wall bar but be mindful if they have the windows open where the screens are exposed you will probably be sharing your breakfast time with some small flying bugs.There is a nice little selection of eggs, bacon, hash brown patties, lunch meat, cheeses, cereal, juice and milk.
I stopped in that night to see what they offered for the guest but I must have arrived later in the evening when there was only fruit and a little bit of water left. The next night I was lucky enough to get the last package of cookies. I'm not sure if they restocked later on.
I did like that they had covered parking in the front and the back.
I also agree with other reviews that the rooms are not very soundproof as I could here the person above me singing in the bathroom/shower.
Overall, it wasn't to bad of a room based on the value and wouldn't mind giving it a try again if I get to come back.
Lastly, if you love street tacos, this is right across from Tacos El Gordo! A must do if you want to eat on a budget just be prepared for it being busy.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room since they apparently are the ones with a small table and chairs outside the room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DestinyStL
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very helpful staff. NIce, clean rooms with a large King bed and a walk in shower that I already miss. We woke up to a very nice breakfast in the lounge. Had parking in the front and the back as well as covered parking in the front in case of rain. All in all a great place and we will be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed a couple of nights...LOVED the water pressure from the shower, great bed to sleep on, adequate channels on TV...hotel was more of an "inn" located on a main road right next to the freeway, between residential & commercial buildings...free parking, free internet, free breakfast (yogurt, small cereal boxes, cheeses, hams, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, bread - white & wheat, orange juice)...was modern...the room key is required to be placed into a slot in order to turn on the lights...the walls are kinda thin & we heard one of our neighbors snore during an afternoon nap but other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissDvo
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stopped here on our way south and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, well appointed, quiet and modern. The breakfast was great. The employees were very hospitable and efficient. There is a 7-11, gas station, and fast food nearby. As a traveler with gear I appreciated the well lit and secure parking lot. As a road weary traveler I appreciated all this place had to offer.

Room Tip: Backside rooms are the quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo