“Casual marina-side dining with good food and great view” 4 of 5 stars

Galley At the Marina
Ranked #25 of 421 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Chula Vista, California
“Casual marina-side dining with good food and great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was my first visit to the Galley at the Marina and I was very pleased with the food, service, and view.

Friends and I went there for lunch on a Tuesday around 11:45 AM and had no problem getting a seat on the deck overlooking the marina. Our server was friendly and attentive throughout the meal.

I ordered the California BLTA--a BLT with avocado on sourdough--with a potato salad side; my friends ordered the fish and chips. All were tasty. The fish portions on the fish and chips were quite large. My friends picked up the tab, but I think the total cost for the three meals and iced teas was around $40.

The restaurant was decorated in a nice nautical motif, and there was a small bar area inside.

It's definitely somplace that I would bring someone back to for a nice casual meal with good service and a great view.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank zed1958

Chula Vista, California, United States
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I go here often because of the maritime ambience and it's location next to the Chula Vista Marina. Their Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday "all you can eat" dinner specials are great, inexpensive and taste really good. They have a live band at night and the bar (and bartenders) are superb as are the whole staff. Fran Muncie, the owner is like family.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jmnotary
Chula Vista, California
“Breakfast is always good here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We've had breakfast here numerous times. We always get a table overlooking the marina- can't get better than that!!
Nice relaxed atmosphere. You can tell there is a loyal, regular clientele.
I've had the standard breakfast, omelettes, breakfast burrito, french toast- all good. My sister loves the Eggs Benedict! Nice way to start the day! Afterwards, go for a leisurely walk and enjoy the fresh air....

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Momplayinghookie
San Diego, California
“good food by the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

this restaurant is a good spot to bring your out of town guests. Good food and service, weekends tend to be very busy and they have bands playing outside in the evenings. Large portions of food are served.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JudyinSD
imperial beach
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our friends came to visit from Las Vegas. They wanted to eat seafood so we took them here for the scenery as we all know in Las Vegas doesn't have boats and bay to look at while eating. We were pleasantly surprised and our friends loved it as the food was definatly Excellent! We started with an appetizer, and then we each had a different fish plate. I'm telling u, every bite was pure Heaven! We sat on outside patio and they had a small band playing which was great. Service was great too! We were so pleased we took our friends there. It was absolutely the best food I've had in San Diego!

• Visited June 2012