“Wonderful Seafood, in a busty atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Karina's - CLOSED

Karina's
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Wonderful Seafood, in a busty atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Karina's is not original, in that there are other Mexican restaurants that do seafood. There are also other restaurants that have their waitresses dress provocatively, like Hooters. The difference is the food at Karina's is very good, to excellent. The service is excellent and the staff is is friendly. I've eaten in the restaurant 3 times now, twice with my wife. We both had fun, and the seafood is really top notch. (Last time there, she had the calamari steaks and I had prawns with garlic sauce. Everything was excellent and we left stuffed). There were mariachis playing when we arrived. They were very good, although too loud. We were relieved when they took a break. That said, we will definitely go back anytime we are in San Diego.

• Visited January 2014

“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

nothing special about this place except the waitress. Food is ok. nothing to be going out of you way. will come back just to look at the pretty waitress.

Visited December 2013
Chula Vista, California, United States
“Karina's Enamorada in Eastlake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a baby shower for 40 people and the service was excellent the food delicious
Definitely we will be back !
Special thanks to the restaurant manager
Muchas Gracias
Hilda Apodaca

• Visited September 2013
Chula Vista, California
“You dont go there for the food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I go there to relax with a few buddies of mine and order, a ceviche carinas, a bit overpriced in every aspect you may think of. Beers are expensive and if you order 1 beer they bring 2 and leave the other one on a bucket with ice, just to give you temptation for another one. Sorry girls I dont budge, marbe if the beers were cheaper I might do that!

Visited June 2013
Chula Vista, California
“Karina's Enamorada in Eastlake”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have to say the food was very good, yet the service was extremely poor. The waitress took around 20 minutes to take our drinks and dinner order. Our food took about 1 hour or a bit longer to be served. Within the one hour of waiting for our dinner, the waitress swung by once to ask if we needed anything else. The rest of the times we needed more drinks we had to wave at her, stand up and get her attention, or just sound off, excuse me miss!!
Dinner did not get served until I complained to the server, assistant manager, and general manager. When food was finally served two of my daughters were asleep and the otherone had lost her appetite. I got extremely upset and stood up from our table, and walked to the kitchen looking for the manager. He gave me a riduculous response about my party ordering dishes that took too long to cook. Very upset and disappointed I responded: "that is ridiculous, and you know what? you can cancel the clam chowder my daughter ordered. She is asleep!"
The manager came by our table and appologyzed. I admitted the food was good, but the service was less than poor. In the end, the manager cancelled our check. We did not pay for anything and we are not going back.

• Visited August 2013