“Old school diner”

Dining options: Breakfast
San Diego, California
“Old school diner”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate here one morning just as the breakfast crowd cleared out for the morning. The service is quick, food is pretty good, and staff was friendly. This reminded me of the local breakfast places that the older parts of San Diego used to have before everything became a chain.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“A Chula Vista tradition...”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Family House has been around as long as I can remember. Huge portions and quick service is what they are known for. They claim their omelets are made from three eggs. If so, then they must be ostrich eggs.

Family House is only open for breakfast and lunch. Be prepared to wait outside when you get there. There is no place to stand inside. As many times as I have eaten there, I probably haven't waited longer than 15-20 minutes.

They must be doing something right if after all these years, they are still able to line the sidewalk with people waiting to get in seven days a week.

Highly recommend for a great breakfast to start your day.

• Visited July 2013
Chula Vista, California
“Really good food, but LOUD!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been here twice. Once with friends at mid week, late lunch so was fairly quiet. I invited a friend here for breakfast on a Sunday. Would NOT recommend on Sundays. Parking is almost nonexistent except for luck. The line is long and out the door. As it was 10 am and I was hungry for breakfast, we opted to sit at the counter.
The food is very good, abundant in quantity. It is obvious a local crowd favorite. Everyone was enjoying their meals.
HOWEVER, this has to be the loudest restaurant I have ever eaten at bar none!!! Having a conversation is difficult.
If you want great food, abundant portions, plan your timing accordingly. If you are there to discuss something, forget about it!
I will go back but not on a Sunday!

• Visited June 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very fun! Friendly, good food, great service...big portions!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went here with family. No one had visited before. Hispanic run, and specializes in pancakes! A different specialization. I ate a Mexican breakfast, a variation of huevos rancheros, and it was excellent. The other three adults had a dish that included pancakes, which they thoroughly enjoyed. Another review mentioned the excellent, different sausage...double thumbs up on that. VERY good...
We had my great grandson along, and he drew the attention of virtually all the waitresses and some of the clientele. They ALL were very engaging, and the whole atmosphere "demands" that I/we return when in the area.
Good prices; fast service, plenty of seating.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eugene E
“HUGE PORTIONS”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had scrambled eggs, pancakes, hash browns, & sausages. The latter are not your normal store bought sausage, they are twice the size of regular sausage. The sausages were good, but the bacon could have been crispier. The pancakes are fluffy. I would have given it 4-Stars but, I was disappointed and disgusted to find that the pancake syrup is not real maple syrup, it's a concoction of high fructose corn syrup, so I did not touch it. Our order was to take home, so I'm not sure if the syrup concoction is only for take out orders or if it's also what they serve for dine-in. Overall, you get your money's worth.

• Visited April 2013