“Great hole in the wall Mexican food” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Patio
Ranked #12 of 426 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hole in the wall Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a local SD native, I have eaten here hundreds of times and I always stop in here when I back in town. The mixed burrito with cheese sauce is awesome!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Helix88

San Diego, California
“I Love El Patio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Husband and I have eaten at El Patio for decades. The food is always tasty and fresh. Their menudo is one of my favorites. The salsa is always fresh. Everything is GOOD! The service is always quick, friendly and efficient. Craving a shredded beef taco or burrito right now. The food is true Cal-Mex border food and the beer is always cold.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jayjaysun
San Diego, California
“Taste of Mexico right here in San Diego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The recipes are the most authentic this side of the border. There is a reason they have been here for over 50 years. It might sound inconsequential, but I love the free chips and salsa. I tried the short ribs and they are delicious. They have many entree's that are not your typical fanfare. Every time I try something new, I am amazed. I have been going about once a week for the past three months and the service is always top notch. Try their margarita on the rocks, it goes great with the chips.

• Visited October 2012
Western States
“Favorite So Far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Best ground beef enchaladas I've had in a long time. Hubby's chile verde burrito was the best he's had so far. I tasted and agree. The service couldn't have been better. The most attentive staff we've ever seen. They were not there constantly hovering, as the restaurant was pretty busy, but when a staff member went by and saw that we might need something, it was taken care of. Next time will try a half "Flying Saucer" which is a fried flour tortilla topped with your choice of meat, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. There was probably more, but that is what I could see being served to another diner. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PattyWesternStates
Chula Vista, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oldie but goodie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is great for home cooking mexican food. They have mexican food that is not at your typical mexican food restaurants.

Visited November 2011