“Italian at it's best! Like the environment”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #234 of 440 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 5, 2013

When it comes to getting very close to the Italian flavor Romano's Macaroni Grill is that Authority on flavor. Service is good they are kind and courteous. I like that they sing on your Birthday Happy B-day in Italian =) ! that is a nice detail they didn't have to do. Over all the experience is good, food is good and I keep on coming back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like this place but I would rather go to olive garden instead. the inside I like better and you can order something and park and a space in front and run in and grab it. I usually get it to go.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ended up at Macaroni Grill because Chili's had a long wait time and have never tried Macaroni. Anyway, we were not impressed. The prices seemed really high and our waitress could have cared less about us. We didn't want drinks, only water since we had been in the sun all day and I feel as if she couldn't believe that we weren't getting more than water with our meal. Pushed the wine on us. Also she stopped by only once to check on us, but it was only as she walked by to get to another table. She didn't even stop. Couldn't get her attention to refill our water. A total of four different people brought us our food and our waitress was not one of them! She asked someone else to bring us a doggie bag. i ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and I don't think the eggplant was tasty or even cooked long enough. it would have been nice to get a salad included in our meals. I don't believe we will visit Macaroni Grill again.

2  Thank talltree24
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Walked in And I could not believe the lack of atmosphere--certainly not the same as the one in San Antonio or Albuquerque. This place is just one notch up from a nice fast food restaurant. Very disappointing. What was not fast was the service. Waited over 45 minutes for our food--place was not packed. Manager came over and apologized. After Dinner I ordered dessert. After 30 minutes waiting for a piece of cake we walked out.

1  Thank Rory C
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a number of times-basically because my company gives out reward gift cards from here. The staff are all pleasant-have never had an issue with that. Cute that they write their names upside down on our paper tablecloth. My son and I love to draw pictures to pass the time till the food arrives.
The food can be hit or miss. My son loves the Fettucine Alfredo- at any restaurant.... This past time, I had the Lobster Ravioli, nice flavor, but I left hungry- I ate the rest of my son's salad and bread to fill me up!
On a previous occasion, we tried the tapas. When the server asked how we liked them, we didn't, she sent over the manager immediately. He apologized and comped us all dessert which was a very nice gesture as we were there to celebrate a friend's birthday. The Tiramisu is delicious as always! The manager came across as very concerned that we had an enjoyable dining experience.
The restaurant has a nice ambiance- we'll go back as I have 2 more gift cards to use up :)