See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

The place is ok when you're traveling with kids. The pool and spa is always clean. If you do go for a swim take towels from your room. The housekeeping ladies are friendly and don't give you bad looks when you ask for more towels. You can also do your laundry for less then $2.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2018

I do NOT recommend anyone staying here at the EZ 8 Motel in Chula Vista, despite your budget. If I could give this hotel zero stars, I would. When we went into the room, the temperature seemed ok and the a/c seemed to be working. By morning I was drenched in sweat, I felt dizzied, I had a headache, I thought I was going to pass out. After drinking a LOT of water and taking a cold shower, I was starting to feel a little better. I laid back down while my husband was googling our next destination, within a few seconds I had a good pile of dead ants on the bed, and no I didn't bring them in, like a manger told another lady that experienced the same thing with ants.

To be on the second floor and that many ants, they've been there awhile. Which my husband took pictures of. Upon reading reviews before I wrote mine, they've known about the ants for quite some time and have done nothing. When I went to the office in the morning to let them know and asked for a refund, I was told they would give me a discount on my next stay. Why would I want to stay there again after that bad experience? I wanted a discount for that night, not the next stay. I know they offered a full refund that night, if we left immediately. We're not from there, my husband and I were exhausted from driving over 10 hours, we looked and weren't finding anything. If anything, they really need to have that place sprayed from top to bottom. I will never stay there again, and I have told others about this place, and gone on every website to post my review, along with the pictures of all the ants that were on the a/c outside and inside, that the security guard saw also. I'm surprised they have a A+ rating with the BBB , when they have a low review all over the web from hotels.com, trivago.com, booking.com, their own website, you name it, they have bad reviews and quite a few on ants, roaches, and bed bugs. I will be reporting this business higher up, because that is no way to treat a customer. I want a refund

Room tip: Don't stay here, that's my tip.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

I booked this place because I was trying to save money. It was a very bad decision. It was infested with ants. The people were very nice and gave us a new room but I bought ant traps just to ease my mind and I am so glad I did. The next day the ant traps had ants crawling all over them but at least they were not in my stuff, It's really hard t get a good night's rest when you know there are ants crawling all over the place. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room tip: Non-Smoking is third floor only which is very loud from the highway.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Horrible! Everything we own got infested with ants, even my car. The refrigerator would not close and the inside was falling apart. I’m surprised the AC even worked. Do not stay here. I want my money back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2018

We moved from CO to CA and were looking for a place that accept dogs, this seemed to be the place for us until we stayed the first night and bed bugs and ants started crawling while sleeping. The carpets are smelly, people is smoking pot all the time and you can smell it as you walk around the place. Lots of low life people, cops come at least every other day to pick up someone from this place. the noise is brutal since hotel is next to a busy highway, hard to sleep specially when a motorcycle on the freeway. There is no microwave, the TVs are old and only have 10 channels at the most. if you park close to the plants ants will invade your car inside and outside.
In the good side, there is a pool and hot tub that my kids enjoyed daily. the security guard takes his job seriously and patrols very good. No wireless for customers

If you ask me, will you stay there again...probably NOT. we did it because of emergency and had two little dogs. Next time I rather pay for my dogs somewhere else and skip all the experience.

Good luck to you if you end up in this motel...god bless you and bring lots of bed bugs spray!

Room tip: AC units are noise, highway is next and laud!
Date of stay: June 2018