New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Spend a little more stay somewhere else” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of EZ 8 Motel South Bay

EZ 8 Motel South Bay
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Spend a little more stay somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is in the ghetto. I worried about my car being left outside. The worst part of this hotel is how you can hear every word the neighbors are saying CLEARLY. The chance are great you will get loud people next door who are awake and loud very late. Stay away.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Gonwa5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I needed a cheap place for one August Saturday night and this place fit the bill. Advance AAA rate was $48 and walkups were $60. It's right off the Interstate and a straight three miles to Imperial Beach. I took the Trolley from downtown to Palm Avenue and walked a half mile to the motel. It's in a gritty, working class neighborhood. Not nice. Not dangerous from what I saw. I would stay there with kids but while I wouldn't feel threatened, I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable either. Convenience stores and fast food restaurants are in walking distance. There's much more if you drive a mile. The staff is rude. No hi, bye, thanks, welcome, smile, etc. I booked a non-smoking room on a high floor and got it.

The room was fairly clean, NO bed bugs, NO odd smells and while the furnishings were old and dated, everything functioned fine. There was a table and chairs, two nightstands, a tube TV with remote, plenty of lighting and an air conditioner that sounded more like an air compressor. It was about 73 years old. I like it noisy so it didn't bother me. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was OK. There was a pool outside and a family using it around 8:30 p.m. Looked fine.

PROS: The price and it was more than livable.
CONS: Very rude staff, old furnishings and a kind of a crummy area. The staff definitey dragged it down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank norscio
Glendale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at your the EZ 8 Motel for 3 nights this past weekend. For starters the woman at the front desk has no people or customer service skills. She really comes across as very rude & aloof. After she checked me into the first room, I asked her to change the room from a smoking to a nonsmoking room (which I thought was what I requested when I made the reservations) & she became argumentative, and literally was scolding. She was also very abrasive when I requested rooms side by side, since we rented 2 rooms. She did not make us feel very welcomed & it felt like we were a bother to her. She showed no appreciation for our business. And even when I checked out she was too busy distracted with some guy showing her some trick that it took her several minutes to acknowledge me. And when she did her tone was very condescending. And she didn't even bother to thank me for the business. I guess I was taking up her time away from the magic trick. I don't think I will ever go back after the poor customer service we received. I agree totally with another customer that posted a review regarding her experience with the front desk clerk/manager. It was very disappointed in the service.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel especially if you value customer service. If you stay here & experience a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lrnzo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Advice to management...FIRE YOUR RECEPTIONIST! cause she is not good for your business. Oh and her name is ROXANNA! the most unfriendly, rudest, and nastiest front desk person i have ever encountered in my life! First impression can be the last! And i had the worst experience dealing with her! I will never stay at that place again just because as soon as you walk in, the person at the front desk was so rude that she has no business working as a receptionist.She obviously hate her job and she wasnt hiding it at all. She did not make any effort at all to make me (the guest) feel welcome, no effort what so ever! Even when she realized that she made a mistake on my reservation she never even offered a tiny bit of apology, like i owe her that i was staying at that motel! By the time i made it to my room i was so frustrated and fuming mad that i couldnt wait till i checked out the next day!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Motel 6 San Diego - Southbay
Motel 6 San Diego - Southbay
#199 of 278 in San Diego
Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista

Been to EZ 8 Motel South Bay? Share your experiences!