“Clean and renovated”
Review of Palomar Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chula Vista
Palomar Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Clean and renovated”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Inn. The manager was helpful and willing to show me all my possibilities. The facility was well cared for and pretty. It is close to town and everywhere I needed to go. Finally , the price was right and it's great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kate W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed December 8, 2012

12/7/12 This is our first time to stay at the Palomar Inn. Found it to be very clean and quite. I thought it being close to the highway we would get a lot of road noise but once you closed the door it was very quite. The room was large and roomy. There was an ice box and coffee pot. The only thing I found that needed attention was the rug , it needs to be replaced due to a lot of wear.

They advertise a “Deluxe Continental Breakfast”. From what I could see thru the door (as I left before 7:00 AM) I would say it was a small Continental Breakfast, coffee, sweet rolls and cold cereal. There were no tables. I would prefer they start the breakfast at 6:AM. I see a few people like me leaving before 7:AM to beat the work traffic.

Emry & Virginia

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emry L
ensenada, mexico
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We live in Ensenada, Mexico area and travel to San Diego for shopping every month or so.
We often stay over because of the long drive. After trying quite a number of places in the under $90 price range we have settled on the Palomar Inn.
1. good price
2. clean rooms
3. well equipped, Coffee Maker, Iron, Ice Machine, TV with many channels, free WiFi, continental breakfast, etc.
4. good parking security
5.... last but not least: Great Service! helpful and friendly staff, all of them.

We did have one minor issue with the carpet not being real clean, but my wife went to the office and a maid came Immediately and vacuumed it again... Cheerfully! That cinched it, we have a new "home base" for our trips North.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PeterEnsenada_Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was here last year and even gave them a very nice review (which I now deleted because of a very unpleasant experience this year). I booked a room from July 16 - July 19, 2011. I called the hotel on July 16, 2011 at 1pm informing them that I will be coming from Las Vegas therefore I won't be at the hotel by 3pm (check-in time) but I will definitely be there and willing to pay the agreed amount on the reservation. My party and I left Las vegas at 4pm and got to the motel around 1:30am, as we were traveling with 2 small kids, we had to make frequent stops. To my horror, the attendant told me that they cancelled my reservation and gave the room to another customer. Considering I called to tell them that I'm coming and I will be paying the entire amount, I really think that it's unfair for them to do what they did. It was the middle of the night and with 2 small kids in tow they couldn't offer me anything - NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY!! and told me to look elsewhere. Of course there were no rooms elsewhere because it's the Comic-con week. Since I cannot park anywhere and put the kids lives in danger by sleeping in the van, I drove all the way to Anaheim at my dad's place and came back the next morning because we have tickets for SeaWorld, LegoLand and San Diego Zoo so we had to find another hotel to stay in. Palomar Inn ruined that part of our trip. I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Isabela A
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very clean, warmly welcomed at reception, good location: close to shopping center, trolley and restaurants including a "all you can eat", also close to Highway 5 and Arco, one of the gas stations with the most reasonable prices. Spacious suite, quiet (except at night, dog barking) and comfortable. No breakfast room, coffee and pastry available at the reception as well as comfortable sofas. Receptionist goes the extra mile to locate and print a map of the places you want to go and visit. The only desagreement was the neighbor's dog barking at night.

Room Tip: chose a room to the front and maybe the dog won't keep you from sleeping OR pack earplugs in you...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pancha D
Malaysia
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights. Location was convenient to Seaworld and has a train station/MTR with walking distance in case you would like to use the public transport across San Diego. Breakfast was also provided at the main lobby and room was well maintained. The manager, Mr Yogesh Joshi was also friendly and ensured we had a good stay there and readily provided directions to local MTR station. Room was nice with a king size bed, sofa and cable tv.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nitin75
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am an I.T. professional and I understand Internet security.

I called to book this hotel and the clerk told me that I could only book online or walk-in. He said walking-in likely wouldn't work as they are booking fully these days.

The online reservations form is not a secure one. They are not using a reservations system. Rather they are using a homemade form that is a low cost solution to them yet is completely risky for guests.

This is unethical and disrespectful. There are certain costs to doing business that you just don't cut, yet this East Indian owned hotel is not getting the obligation that they have when doing business in this country.

So, BEWARE. If you book online your credit card information is as at-risk as if you sent it in an email.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank User_Account_4592
RMJ123, Manager at Palomar Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thanks for you comment. We appreciate all the comments from all the customers.

If you are an I.T. professional then how come you did not see on our reservation page at the bottom on the right cornor, that it is ----------

----------'Norton Secured' power by Verisign---the SSL certificate.

I am really happly to improve your knowledge that 95% of hotels and motels in U.S. is owned and operated by what you called 'East Indian'.

We consider security of our customer's information as main priority and we have served thousands of reservations without a single problem at Palomar Inn. In July and Auguest we always tell our customers to book online and there is a valid reason for that.
We do not want to overbook our rooms and do not waant to disappoint our customers because of overbooking.

I believe since you are an I.T. professional you are paranoid towards internet security too much.

Manager.
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
#4 of 22 in Chula Vista
Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection

Been to Palomar Inn? Share your experiences!