“A good place for lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 428 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
San Diego
“A good place for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We go here on occasion. The shrimp enchiladas are pretty good. The service is prompt. I would really rate this a 3.5 stars.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Unbelivable Cheese Dip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The "Queso Fundido Mar y Tierra" (Surf and Turf Cheese dip) was the most delicious appetizer or entre' that we've ever had in any restaurant anywhere. The carne asada fajitas, swordfish tacos, and "Loco" buritos were very good, but that dip was out of the world.

The pricing was so much lower than I expected I can't believe it wasn't more crowded, even on a Tuesday night.

• Visited August 2012
Chula Vista, California
“Good Mexican Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Not a taco shop, but very good entrees, particularly roasted chicken. Great white sauce with chips.

Chula Vista, California, USA
“Decent place with a good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

The food is usually good here and have had no complaints about the service. I have eaten with my family numerous times over the years and have had no problems. I love their fish tacos and the chips with salsa.

In an effort to avoid the long wait, I just call my order to go and pick it up. They have to go parking right in front of the restaurant. Food is packed up very well and is still fresh by the time I get home.

This place is not a fast food taco shop but a restaurant so be patient and/or call for reservations. I've been here for happy hour as well. They also have weekday specials so call ahead.

• Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
“Food poisoning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I have been here multiple times in the past and we are usually satified with their quality of food. Usually the service is good at best, but for whatever reason, it was absolutely horrible this past time. We love their cheese sauce they give you with the chips and salsa since this isn't offered at any other Mexican restaurant that we know of. It is your typical Mexican style food and there isn't anything on the menu that you can't find elsewhere.

Unfortunately, this time around my wife who ate the pork adobada tacos with green sauce got food poisoning about 8 hours later. No one else at our table had the same food except for the chips and salsa. There was nothing else she ate during the day that could have got her this sickness. We reported it to the manger on Sunday morning and this was passed up to their corporate office. Well it has since been over a week and I finally received a call from their insurance claims company about the incident. They apologized about the delay because they had a problem with their fax machine not working (they had to fax the report I gave to the manger at the restaurant up to the insurance company).. I don't know what age of technology these people live in, but there are other methods of transmitting documents like scanning to a file, then emailing it on to the necessary people. So because they received these documents 8+ days after the incident, they are not able to conduct any further investigation/testing of the actual food in a lab because it has long been sold or disposed of. Ok, fine.. But if there was a report of food-born illness not even 12 hours after the incident occurred, would not be advantageous of the restaurant to pull those food items off the shelf and save some for further testing? Obviously it is too late for any of that now, and therefore, without any further evidence to test on our end, the insurance company is basically saying it is not the restaurants fault whatsoever. In other words they're saying, 'sorry for what happened, but we are not to blame for this incident because no one else was reported getting sick' 'good-bye'. So I guess it takes a mass plague of people to get sick in order for any investigation to occur. WOW, guess I will not take the risk and eat here again if safety in their handling and cooking of food is not their #1 concern! There are too many other good Mexican restaurants to eat at and this is just another reason to eat somewhere else. I will also not be going to any Brigantine restaurant either since it is also owned by the same company as Miguel's.

• Visited February 2012