“False Advertisement”

San Diego Metro KOA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always get a confirmation in writing. If not, they will charge you more when you arrive. If you are planning to stay more than a month to use the monthly rate, don't count on it. There is an "approval" procedure that you have to go through with a "manager (who seems to think he's the rule of the world)" which they never tell you when making a reservation. Not only having no people skills and no idea how to talk to customers, some of the questions you are asked are very personal which may make you uncomfortable, so be ready. Until you are "approved," you will be charged at daily rate which is twice as much compare to the monthly rate. If you are staying for a few days less than a month, you would think you pay for the month and leave the site when you plan to, but that will not be the case here. They will refuse to give you the monthly rate unless you complete a whole month to stay and make you pay at daily rate (again, that is double of what you pay in one month). They also do not like older rigs. They will give you an attitude for even 10 year old ones.

Camping should be fun and it is truly unnecessary to start with bad experience for any reason. From my experience, I do not recommend this place to others but once you park, there are many great campers you meet. Loved the people I met but never like to see the staff again in the rest of my life.

If you decide to go, this place is kept very clean and landscaped nicely so you will be happy with the environment. It is just too bad the service is not met to standard. If you need to hook up to 50 amps, make sure to request since they do not have many. Hope no one will be treated as we did or at least aware of what you are heading to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank txgirljuli
SanDiegoKOA, General Manager at San Diego Metro KOA, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your concerns and did not intend to make you feel uncomfortable at all. In lieu of a credit reference and check, we take the opportunity to meet our seasonal and extended stay guests face to face. We make our best efforts to ensure that our park and operation is a good fit for both parties. We can only do this by asking questions. This is the reason that we do not advertise our extended stay rates and encourage those seeking an extended stay to call the main office. We certainly do not intend to make any of our guests feel intimidated and seek just the opposite in fact. I would like to encourage and invite you to contact me directly to discuss this matter further. Thank you again for your time and review.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed at many RV campgrounds over the past 10 years, and San Diego Metro KOA remains one of our favorites. They supply more than we use and - BONUS - the folk in the yellow shirts and blouses are all so kind, helpful and seem so happy. This KOA has wireless internet access, nice, clean restrooms and showers, pool, climbing wall, playground, ride-on rentals, car rentals, dog wash, superlative laundromat, group meeting facilities, a little soccer field and two off-leash dog parks, kamp kitchen with gas grills, kamp kabins and safari tents. I really like the configuration of the cabins. A The little ones are well entertained. In the summer there are pancake breakfasts, ice-cream socials and outdoor movies..... We are always pleased with the pleasant, clean grounds and the exuberant staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasTincan
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at this KOA along with many others across the states with a group of 13. By far the best one we stayed in. Everything perfect. Perfect grounds, great pool, cooking and washing facilities great an fab location. Saw lots of couples and family's as well as other groups. If I am ever fortunate enough to visit San Diego againi would absolutely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tinkerbel1440
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is one of the best camping facilities I have ever stayed in. Great service, great sites, etc. Many camping choices. Everyone on site forms part of a community.Very experienced staff that quite simply "have seen it all, and can provide solutions to everything." In addition staff is very diverse and know something about virtually every neighborhood in San Diego County and Baja. Mexico. Priceless advice available to explorers. Easy to access supplies, easy access to the trolley and the Mexican border. Wonderful integrated neighborhood and commercial space. Very easy access to central San Diego including Balboa Park.Great facilities.

Just one note to travellers. This campground is South of San Diego. If you are using it to travel to north San Diego locations such as Torrey Pines, give yourself plenty of time on the I5 and 405.

This is the type of place were something can stay for 3 months and call it home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SpenceCole
SanDiegoKOA, General Manager at San Diego Metro KOA, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you found the resources at the front desk and all of our staff helpful. We hope to see you again in the future! -San Diego KOA Team

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This KOA is very well maintained. Big playground w/ a climbing wall. Clean pool. Tent and cabin areas are nice with communal kitchens. Camp Bow Wow was a big hit with the dogs with two separate dog runs, toys and play equipment included.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Between the beautifully landscaped grounds to the numerous amenities, it's easy to see that the Bell family cares about their campground. This is one of the larger KOAs that I've stayed at and I would stay here again. The campground is very clean. Regularly, I would see employees driving around in golf carts, picking up any trash they found. I stayed in a one-room kabin. It was close to the shower and bathroom facilites, which were quite clean, as well. This KOA is only a short drive away from the San Diego harbor and Coronado. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, as well as a grocery store and a mall. My only negative comment on this KOA, is that it appears that quiet time is not enforced. I arrived very late on a Friday nite, and was escorted to my kabin which was in a cluster with seven other kabins. There seemed to be a large family who rented several kabins together. Even after I had settled in (by now is was around 1 am), these people were still hootin' and hollerin' as if the party had just begun. They continued this into Sat nite, as well. When I returned from siteseeing on Sun eve, they had gone, and I had the whole area to myself. Although I didn't enjoy my surroundings on Fri and Sat, it was very peaceful until I left on Tues. If you're going to post quiet time hours, please enforce them. It's obvious that some campers didn't attend Camping Etiquette 101.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank trippermama
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This KOA is by far one of the best campgrounds on the planet! Check-in at their office was a breeze. Friendly and polished staff in the office. Informative and kind service staff all around the park. The grounds are well manicured and beautiful with thoughtful touches that go above and beyond expectation. They have spaces and something for everybody. We felt like we were treated like family. We will be back!!

Room Tip: I thought the row 3000 and we were in space 3003 had great shade trees.