“Best Italian Restaurant in SOUTH BAY”

Italianissimo Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 433 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

10 of us had dinner here to celebrate a friend's 60th birthday. With such a large group (& a Sat eve) you might think the service might suffer. Quite the contrary ! We were treated regally.The chef even came out to sing Happy Birthday in Italian. It was my 5th time at the restaurant & the service & food has always been great. Great menu with lots of choices of yummy (cooked on the premise) Italian cuisine. The ambiance is perfect,old country charm. Prices reasonable. Recommend highly!

2  Thank WENDY H
There are newer reviews for Italianissimo Trattoria

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. It is a good sign to go into a restaurant at 5:30pm and it is full. The gluten free option was very good! I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank RhaeRhaeRhae
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are so tired of paying outrageous prices for average food. Since this place was close to where we were staying, had good reviews and prices appeared reasonable (although not cheap), we decided to give it a try. It was so good and the staff was so helpful and friendly that we ate here two of four nights during our San Diego trip.

The first night we had their specials: veal and seafood. Both were so very good and that is why we went back two nights later. On that night, we had their pastas. My husband still dreams about their cheese ravioli. I had the pasta with sausage, also very tasty.

If you want great Italian food, in a nice setting, good service without having to take out a loan, try this place.

1  Thank mlmdjd
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have visited this restaurant three times so far. My husband has ordered three different dishes and I have been quite impressed with their consistency. The dish I order every time, Pas­tic­cio All’Italiana, has been delicious! My husband has ordered three different dishes that he has been thoroughly enjoyed every time. The service is outstanding. We have had a hard time finding good restaurants since we moved to south bay. This place was a pleasant surprise. Check it out, you won't regret it.

1  Thank Daniella A
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I got take out pizza, vegetarian, and a garden salad to go. They were really polite, and the food was terrific!! I am like the other reviewer who wished I had eaten in the restaurant instead of getting to-go food. The grilled vegetables on the pizza were really good!! The salad was a mixture of fresh greens and I had balsamic vinaigrette. It exceeded my expectations by far and I wish I lived in Chula Vista so I could return more often.

1  Thank KARW40