“Aquino”
Review of Chula Vista Inn

Chula Vista Inn
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Chula Vista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my first stay at the Best Western Plus Chula Vista and it was ok for the price I paid. I only stayed at this hotel because it was less than a mile from where I was going for business. Upon arriving to the hotel and checking in, Anderson greeted me at the counter with excellent customer service. He checked me in and gave me room, after going to my assigned room "room 309" I noticed the door was proped open and the bathroom light was on. I didn't even bother going inside the room, I immediately went back down told him the room looked occupied. He apologized and gave me another room on the first floor. To my surprise the room looked clean but had your typical hotel smell. However, I was next door to the loudest people ever...and it even got louder during my second day there. After I checked out after two days, I was told I was next door to some construction workers who was working on some power plant on L St. Overall my stay was OK. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone on vacation, but good for a night or two if in need of a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BWAJ
North Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a safe, clean hotel for the area. Nothing spectacular even by Best Western standards. Good for a quick stop on your travels. Rooms were clean and average. Parking was good. Breakfast was basic with cereal, hard boiled eggs. and coffee. They said breakfast was untill 10,
and I was running late so I went back to get some coffee at 9:40 and they had everything closed and did not even offer me coffee anywhere else. The area is quiet at night as it is in a light business area. It is several miles away from any attractions, good for a night as there are not a lot of good options in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Randy2353
Riverside, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Before I made reservations. I had the opportunity to speak to staff member Anderson. Boy was I impressed with his attitude and assistance in meeting my needs for my stay. When I arrived I found the stay the same eagerness and pleasant attitude with Erica at the front desk. These staff members gave me a snap shot of what my experience would be like during my stay. FANTASTIC! Looking ford to a return stay at this hotel. Breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed November 2012
Oberursel
Reviewed October 31, 2012

On my last USA trip we visited San Diego and stand three nights in this Hotel. The rooms were clean but very noisy. The Wireless Internet signal is good only in the rooms close to the hotspot. The choise at breakfast was very sad - not good as in other Best Western Plus For the price we expected a better choise. Finally I can say it was ok but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Anaheim, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First, we had no idea there were 3 Best Western hotels in Chula Vista. We found out the hard way by going to the wrong one a couple miles south. When we finally got to our hotel, the check-in was fast and friendly. We were allowed an early check-in and our request was met to be placed on the 3rd floor. The room was very clean looks to be recently updated. In the evening we asked the front desk for dinner recommendations and they suggested a very good Mexican restaurant nearby by the name of Karina's. In the morning, we enjoyed their continental breakfast which had things such as waffles, yogurt, bagels, and great coffee. The coffee quality is important to us. Overall, we enjoyed the service and value for the AAA price we paid. We are planning on returning during Christmas break when we visit our family again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ILoveWaffles
Los Barriles, Mexico
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed here many times and really have never had anything to complain about until the last time a couple of weeks ago. The desk clerks have always been helpful, the staff pleasant, rooms are clean etc. It's centrally located in Chula Vista and very convenient to everything they have to offer. The complimentary breakfast is nice but is more continental style than a real breakfast. The place feels secure also. I've parked a small trailer there twice and was never worried about it. Only one way in and out. Two things that we didn't like this last time and keep me from giving it a higher rating: You can't walk barefoot in the room. It seems that they don't get the shampoo cleaned off the carpet and it feels sticky and your feet get black. 2,This time there seemed to be "friends" hanging out there. There was a group of 4 or 5 young men sitting on the sidewalk in front of our room, chatting, smoking and drinking for a couple of hours. Nice normal looking kids but if they belonged there, they would have been hanging out in their room, right?

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor. Too much activity.