“Staff sets the bar in accommodating guest request and services.”
Review of Chula Vista Inn

Chula Vista Inn
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Before I made reservations. I had the opportunity to speak to staff member Anderson. Boy was I impressed with his attitude and assistance in meeting my needs for my stay. When I arrived I found the stay the same eagerness and pleasant attitude with Erica at the front desk. These staff members gave me a snap shot of what my experience would be like during my stay. FANTASTIC! Looking ford to a return stay at this hotel. Breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 31, 2012

On my last USA trip we visited San Diego and stand three nights in this Hotel. The rooms were clean but very noisy. The Wireless Internet signal is good only in the rooms close to the hotspot. The choise at breakfast was very sad - not good as in other Best Western Plus For the price we expected a better choise. Finally I can say it was ok but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First, we had no idea there were 3 Best Western hotels in Chula Vista. We found out the hard way by going to the wrong one a couple miles south. When we finally got to our hotel, the check-in was fast and friendly. We were allowed an early check-in and our request was met to be placed on the 3rd floor. The room was very clean looks to be recently updated. In the evening we asked the front desk for dinner recommendations and they suggested a very good Mexican restaurant nearby by the name of Karina's. In the morning, we enjoyed their continental breakfast which had things such as waffles, yogurt, bagels, and great coffee. The coffee quality is important to us. Overall, we enjoyed the service and value for the AAA price we paid. We are planning on returning during Christmas break when we visit our family again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ILoveWaffles
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed here many times and really have never had anything to complain about until the last time a couple of weeks ago. The desk clerks have always been helpful, the staff pleasant, rooms are clean etc. It's centrally located in Chula Vista and very convenient to everything they have to offer. The complimentary breakfast is nice but is more continental style than a real breakfast. The place feels secure also. I've parked a small trailer there twice and was never worried about it. Only one way in and out. Two things that we didn't like this last time and keep me from giving it a higher rating: You can't walk barefoot in the room. It seems that they don't get the shampoo cleaned off the carpet and it feels sticky and your feet get black. 2,This time there seemed to be "friends" hanging out there. There was a group of 4 or 5 young men sitting on the sidewalk in front of our room, chatting, smoking and drinking for a couple of hours. Nice normal looking kids but if they belonged there, they would have been hanging out in their room, right?

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor. Too much activity.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna R
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Clean, comfortable, close to all San Diego area attractions including Imperial Beach. Get Victor to tell you the location of the lunchetta truck - freshest seafood you'll ever have, straight off the boats.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Odyssea7
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was checked in by a young lady that was very friendly and accommodating with local suggestions, encountered a young man that brought up towels with the sincerest attitude, and checked out by a different young lady that I ended up having a 30 minute long conversation with. The staff here is so friendly that I would come back just to visit with them. The room we had had two beds, all the usual hotel amenities, a nice tv, and cold AC that was great on the hot day we checked in. At night we got the chance to take a dip in the spa which was relaxing. The nice young man that was working the night shift even allowed us an extra 15 minutes after closing if we promised to keep our conversation down. We have nothing bad to say about our stay and will now consider staying outside of downtown San Diego more often due to the more reasonable price, very clean room, and most of all the friendliest staff ever.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. I booked online and chose this hotel because it was near the Chula Vista RV Resort where we were visiting friends. Friendly and helpful front desk staff. There is nothing fancy here but the rooms are clean and breakfast included. Some street noise. If you stay here try Karina's for dinner, just a 2 block walk, for good Mexican seafood cuisine. We ate there on a Friday night and were entertained by a mariache band.

• Stayed: February 2012