“BAD Service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Miller
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My daughter and I decided to have dinner at Via Lago Trattoria. We came in and was greeted by a nice lady who seated us right away (not a lot of people that's why). Our waiter came and got our order and instead of asking what we wanted to drink, he said, "is water good for you" in my mind "ok hello why can't you even ask if we wanted something to drink instead of deciding for us"
While we wait for our food, they brought our drinks and bread (6:35pm), i remember the time because I text my husband of where we were. 10 minutes later came another customer who sat behind us, the way they treat him; seems like he is a regular customer. They attended to him to everything he needed. While they come back and forth to his table, they never even asked us if we're doing fine or if we need more soda or if we need more bread (i let that go because i was thinking ok maybe that's how it is there a little slow). around 7:10pm, they came back with a plate so i was thinking it was our food, but no it was the "regular" customer's salad! i was like, weren't we here first and we've been waiting for our food for about 30 minutes already but nothing's come out yet. So i told my daughter who was very hungry that we're leaving and we're going someplace where we will be attended well. I went up to the greeter and told her we are leaving because i can not wait for another 30 minutes for my food to arrive; here comes the manager or maybe owner and asked us what's wrong so i told her that i can't wait anymore and all she said was "ok i'll cancel your order" DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZED THAT THEY WERE SO SLOW!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH US? JUST COZ WE WERE DRESSED IN JEANS UNLIKE THE OTHER CUSTOMERS THERE WHO ARE IN SUITS OR NICER CLOTHES... OH WELL, WHATEVER IT IS, NOT GOING BACK THERE AT ALL.

Reviewed March 10, 2009

Ditto on the above reviews. Too bad, the atmosphere was nice, the waiter was definitely not personable. I ordered a cup of coffee and asked for cream, he poured the coffee to the brim so when he put it on the table it spilled all over and when I asked him if he could give me less coffee so I could actually put cream in the coffee, he grabbed a water glass from another table, dumped my coffee in the water glass and 'firmly' placed my coffee cup back on my table in front of me again spilling the coffee and making a mess - and walked away in a perturbed manner as if I were inconveniencing him. That incident ruined our entire lunch experience. I will never frequent that restaurant again.

Reviewed November 23, 2008

The service here by the staff is the real problem. Depending on the day and how good or bad business dictates how well they will treat you. That being said, why take chances of receiving conditional good service if they can't treat all patrons as good clients regardless of the day of the week. The food however, is good, for the most part consistent and tasty. Somewhat expensive.

Reviewed May 24, 2008

Last night I decided to take my family out to a nice italian dining experience in our neighborhood, and, because of the negative experience we felt when we left, prompted me to write this review.
Because we were casually dressed we received less than average service from our server and staff.While people around us were "presented" with bottled water, our server asked us do you want 'tap water' or bottled water?It seemed as though she already made up her mind.Then the server insulted my fiancee's choice in a salad that had Arugula in it saying it was an 'acquired taste', insinuating perhaps a more plain salad would be more suited to her taste.The server then began to visit other tables,3-4 times minimum while I waited for my next drink refill. We were also ignored by the team staff that wandered aimlessly in the dining room,providing service to other patrons all around us making it appear that they provide service even without asking. I had to ask for the olive oil and vinegar for our bread.They took away our wine glasses assuming we would not enjoy a glass after dinner.The server gave my finacee a pasta spoon, explaining it was for pasta.Because we have busy schedules at the hospital and my work, we frequently dine out,with Italian being my cuisine of choice.I received better service at other,more 'commercial' Italian restaurants around town.Needless to say I would not be recommending this place to my family and professional colleagues unless they dress in attire that best suits their stereotype.Perhaps if I hadn't changed out of my suit and took off my Bulova watch we probably would have received better service.The experience upset my finacee and our son, and I hope that after this true dining experience, management would make strides to train their staff on professional etiquette and standards. Although the service was less than average,I give my compliments to the chef and cook staff beind the scenes.The food was excellent and remarkably authentic. Please think twice before you take your family here,it may end up with you leaving with a bad taste in your mouth,not for the food, but for the entire experience.

3  Thank edze