“Good value for money”

Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chowchilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oxnard, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The place is quite old but clean and well run. I wouldn't want to stay there three or four days but for abed along the roadway it was as good as most and better than a lot. The restaurant across the parking lot was excellent. We ate dinner as well as breakfast the next day there. The parking lot out back was full of eighteen wheelers so the place was very quiet early other than the road noise

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I want to Thank You for sharing your experience. I am glad to read that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I also see you had an opportunity to try the restaurant across the street which is excellent for lunch or dinner. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The location of the motel and the ambience of the surroundings of the room did not seem at all pleasant. I was travelling with family and did not seem like a place that I would risk my family with.
I was charged the room charge at checkin, so when we wandered down to our room on 2nd floor, we could see towels and underwear hanging on the balconies of our adjacent room...Disgusting!!
Even basic motels does not allow such things. When we stepped in the room was really hot since the A/C was off, also the room had some weird smell along with very average bed. Could feel the neighbors talking/walking on the balcony.
The location was almost on the property of a gas station and an adjacent steak house which seemed like needed serious renovation. Would not even venture here in night time.

As such decided to wait no further and checked out immediately and went to stay at the Holiday Inn Express couple of blocks down, On the hindsight I should have just paid the extra 50 bucks and stayed there on the first place. Did not seem like it had the usual Days Inn standards. Can't believe all good reviews on the site are for this place.

Did not eat the breakfast so no idea how it would have been, so no complains about it. The breakfast area with 3-4 tables and the hotel registration desk were at the same place, so one can use the imagination I guess.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank liike2travel
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to start out by apologizing for the experience that you had at our hotel. I do want to assure you that our area is very safe and we are conveniently located next to Chevron gas station and a steakhouse. I want to assure you that we do try our best to ensure that other guest do follow hotel policy and do not allow towels or garmets to hang outside on the railings. We do try to provide excellent service and rooms. If there is anything I can do please contact me directly at the hotel. Thank You for sharing your experience with us.

Kind Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Chowchilla hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This has been one of the nicest Days Inn that I have been too. I normally stay in many Days Inn hotels and this one by far is the nicest and cleanest. They have great new LCD Samsung Flat Screen TVs. The breakfast was really good, especially the Waffles. I also liked they were right off HWY 99 and had a Starbucks next day. Ask them for guides to Yosemite, very helpful and only about an hour away. Great Location!

Room Tip: They have a great guide to Yosemite and all the major stops you need to see. Great guide!
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to say Thank You for sharing your outstanding experience with our hotel. We feel great when reading reviews like yours and it really tells my staff and I that we are simply doing our job the right way. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our guides that we hand out as they are great to plan out trips to Yosemite. We look forward to your next stay when you travel in to our area.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
SpringHill Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Americas Best Value Inn- Merced

Been to Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite? Share your experiences!