“Noisy hotel in Chowchilla.”

Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chowchilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The location of the motel and the ambience of the surroundings of the room did not seem at all pleasant. I was travelling with family and did not seem like a place that I would risk my family with.
I was charged the room charge at checkin, so when we wandered down to our room on 2nd floor, we could see towels and underwear hanging on the balconies of our adjacent room...Disgusting!!
Even basic motels does not allow such things. When we stepped in the room was really hot since the A/C was off, also the room had some weird smell along with very average bed. Could feel the neighbors talking/walking on the balcony.
The location was almost on the property of a gas station and an adjacent steak house which seemed like needed serious renovation. Would not even venture here in night time.

As such decided to wait no further and checked out immediately and went to stay at the Holiday Inn Express couple of blocks down, On the hindsight I should have just paid the extra 50 bucks and stayed there on the first place. Did not seem like it had the usual Days Inn standards. Can't believe all good reviews on the site are for this place.

Did not eat the breakfast so no idea how it would have been, so no complains about it. The breakfast area with 3-4 tables and the hotel registration desk were at the same place, so one can use the imagination I guess.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank liike2travel
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to start out by apologizing for the experience that you had at our hotel. I do want to assure you that our area is very safe and we are conveniently located next to Chevron gas station and a steakhouse. I want to assure you that we do try our best to ensure that other guest do follow hotel policy and do not allow towels or garmets to hang outside on the railings. We do try to provide excellent service and rooms. If there is anything I can do please contact me directly at the hotel. Thank You for sharing your experience with us.

Kind Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This has been one of the nicest Days Inn that I have been too. I normally stay in many Days Inn hotels and this one by far is the nicest and cleanest. They have great new LCD Samsung Flat Screen TVs. The breakfast was really good, especially the Waffles. I also liked they were right off HWY 99 and had a Starbucks next day. Ask them for guides to Yosemite, very helpful and only about an hour away. Great Location!

Room Tip: They have a great guide to Yosemite and all the major stops you need to see. Great guide!
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to say Thank You for sharing your outstanding experience with our hotel. We feel great when reading reviews like yours and it really tells my staff and I that we are simply doing our job the right way. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our guides that we hand out as they are great to plan out trips to Yosemite. We look forward to your next stay when you travel in to our area.

Kind Regards
Roseville, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was a little hestitant because of the cheap price, but was very surprised at the cleanliness of the room. This was the first time I stayed in a motel room by myself, but I felt very comfortable. The road noise did not bother me as I sleep with a fan (white noise.) I am already booked for another visit. The General Manager Nick was very accomodating, offering to carry my luggage, etc. He game me a lower floor once I realized I couldn't do the stairs. The bed was a little hard, but I think the long drive also had something to do with that. Highly recommended by me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest for the evening. We always try to provide over the top service at a value price. We understand our guests have choices and always want to be the #1 choice when staying in our area. Our team and I appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next stay. Thank You for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were unfamiliar with the area and decided to stay here because of the low rate. My husband had booked the room online a few days prior to us arriving and we had already been charged for it. When we went to check in the woman at the front desk charged us again for the room and we explained that we had already paid and she said that we hadn't and after some back and forth she said she would check the records and finally she realized that we had indeed already paid. Then there was an issue of the late check out we paid for when we booked the room as well, which she finally saw we paid for after checking her records. Again. She refunded us the money she had charged us again for the room and we finally went to our room, but when we got there it was still being cleaned by housekeeping. So when we finally got into the room it seemed to be a pretty clean, average room. But we discovered that the toilet leaked when it was flushed and there was a cockroach in the shower, as well as bugs in the microwave. So gross. My husband had went to the front desk to ask why the wifi wasn't working and the guy said that he would send a guy named Mike up when he got there, but after a few hours of waiting "Mike" never came. Overall, we feel it would of been well worth it to pay a little more to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed April 2013
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to start out but sincerely apologizing for the experience that you had at our hotel. I understand you had some billing issues and there was some confusion on our staff's part. I do see that it was resolved and glad that it was taken care of as we do want to ensure that we do not double charge any guests. I see that overall you did find the room clean although you encountered some insects and again I do apologize for that. We do have routine Maintenance serviced by Clarks Control spray our hotel to ensure we are being proactive. This is not normal for our hotel to encounter any kinds of insects as we do take this matter seriously. I also see you had some trouble with Internet and as there is no excuse for this we are going through our 2nd phase to upgrade our WiFi. We hope that we can keep you as a guest for your next visit. We appreciate you sharing your experience and brining your concerns to us.

Kind Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Chowchilla hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
SpringHill Suites Madera
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Americas Best Value Inn- Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced

Been to Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite? Share your experiences!