“GREAT!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chowchilla
Roseville, California
“GREAT!!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was a little hestitant because of the cheap price, but was very surprised at the cleanliness of the room. This was the first time I stayed in a motel room by myself, but I felt very comfortable. The road noise did not bother me as I sleep with a fan (white noise.) I am already booked for another visit. The General Manager Nick was very accomodating, offering to carry my luggage, etc. He game me a lower floor once I realized I couldn't do the stairs. The bed was a little hard, but I think the long drive also had something to do with that. Highly recommended by me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest for the evening. We always try to provide over the top service at a value price. We understand our guests have choices and always want to be the #1 choice when staying in our area. Our team and I appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next stay. Thank You for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were unfamiliar with the area and decided to stay here because of the low rate. My husband had booked the room online a few days prior to us arriving and we had already been charged for it. When we went to check in the woman at the front desk charged us again for the room and we explained that we had already paid and she said that we hadn't and after some back and forth she said she would check the records and finally she realized that we had indeed already paid. Then there was an issue of the late check out we paid for when we booked the room as well, which she finally saw we paid for after checking her records. Again. She refunded us the money she had charged us again for the room and we finally went to our room, but when we got there it was still being cleaned by housekeeping. So when we finally got into the room it seemed to be a pretty clean, average room. But we discovered that the toilet leaked when it was flushed and there was a cockroach in the shower, as well as bugs in the microwave. So gross. My husband had went to the front desk to ask why the wifi wasn't working and the guy said that he would send a guy named Mike up when he got there, but after a few hours of waiting "Mike" never came. Overall, we feel it would of been well worth it to pay a little more to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed April 2013
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to start out but sincerely apologizing for the experience that you had at our hotel. I understand you had some billing issues and there was some confusion on our staff's part. I do see that it was resolved and glad that it was taken care of as we do want to ensure that we do not double charge any guests. I see that overall you did find the room clean although you encountered some insects and again I do apologize for that. We do have routine Maintenance serviced by Clarks Control spray our hotel to ensure we are being proactive. This is not normal for our hotel to encounter any kinds of insects as we do take this matter seriously. I also see you had some trouble with Internet and as there is no excuse for this we are going through our 2nd phase to upgrade our WiFi. We hope that we can keep you as a guest for your next visit. We appreciate you sharing your experience and brining your concerns to us.

Kind Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Chowchilla hotels

EL CAJON
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was a nice room and I had a pleasant stay. I did have a concern about having a door in my room that led to the room next door as I was by myself so I did not sleep as comfortably as I could have. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank SANDRA S
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have connecting rooms and that is the door that was in your room. We are more than happy on your next stay to assign you a room without a connecting door. We do appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next stay.

Kind Regards
Belgium
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were a bit sceptical after reading some bad reviews and complaints about noise, but we were pleasantly surprised. We actually found the level of noise acceptable; we've had a lot worse in other hotels that were closer to railroads or highways.

Pros:
- Not too expensive, especially in comparison to Fresno hotels
- Clean and spacious room
- Very friendly manager that was knowledgeable of the area and gave good directions
- New tv and a lot of tv channels
- Fast internet

Cons:
- The term gateway to Yosemite is somewhat misleading, but if you do your research you'd know that this is a 1,5 - 2 hour drive.
- Breakfast wasn't overwhelming, but at least it had waffles and fresh fruit

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are a newly renovated hotel. We do have many channels over a 100 which many guest love. We are also under new management and will continue to strive to ensure that we provide excellent customer service. We are about an hour drive from Yosemite, although as you know there are not many hotels in Yosemite which why many stay in our area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Rooms not clean mold in bathroom shower area and back of shower cur ten, carpets are not vacuumed properly. found out why I watched a made go into a room to clean it I timed her she was 7min 40 sec really you can not clean a room properly in that time. Rooms need to be deep cleaned then you may get away with 15min if it is in good shape from the checked out customer. Location is used for transient farm workers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
daysinnca, Manager at Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that we fell short of your expectations as this is not normal for our hotel. We do try to provide a great value for our location and will continue to do so. I see that you feel the rooms were not clean and I am surprised that the housekeeper was only in the room for 7 mins given normally rooms take about 25-30 minutes per room to get cleaned which allows our rooms to be cleaned the correct way. I will personally look into this issue. We do have many different clients from tourists that visit Yosemite National Park to local construction, that do stay with us as we are a perfect location for all different clients. I do hope we can look forward to you staying with us again and I will ensure the level of service and quality will be up to par as we do strive to make every guest stay 100% satisfactory.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
SpringHill Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Americas Best Value Inn- Merced

Been to Days Inn Chowchilla Gateway to Yosemite? Share your experiences!