Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
northern california
“exceptioanl stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent two nights at this location and everything about it was great. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and the service was exceptional. In particular, Sam was a great help and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. The included breakfast was good and we would certainly stay here again if we are in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. I see that you had an exceptional stay with us. We do try our best and I agree Sam who is our new Front Office Supervisor is great. She really does care and goes above and beyond to create a memorable guest experience. Our hot breakfast is one of the key reasons most guest stay with us as it is a true full hot breakfast that is free for all of our guest. We look forward to your next visit while you are in our area.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great hotel good size rooms very clean, excellent staff most helpful, breakfast as per Holiday in standard good couple of resturants close by, town seems to have had better days but found people friendly. This is also a good stop over point for Kings Canyon & Yosemte. Cannot speak highly enough of the staff gave me more info than some of the official tourist sites.

Room Tip: All good rooms
Dear Valued Guest

Reading your review to my staff really gives us happiness because we really try to ensure our guests are 100% satisfied 100% of the time. You are right we are the perfect location for Yosemite and if you have time Kings Canyon Park is also a must see. Our staff is excellent, they put our guest first to provide that over the top service consistently.

Kind Regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a great stay at this property! the hotel was clean, well kept, and a caring hand was obvious. The staff was helpful, curtious, and friendly. Rochelle M. was a truly professional, friendly, and amazing staff member who helped to make our stay particularly memeorable. I would definately go again!

thank you!

Dear Valued Guest

I am thrilled that you found our property clean and well kept as that is exactly what we want all of our guest to experience. We strive to ensure our guests have not only somewhere safe and clean to stay but also to create a memorable guest experience. Reviews like yours gives our staff the assurance that we are doing our job. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is one of the best Holiday Inns I have ever been too. I am a Priority Club Platinum member and I normally stay at a few a week during my travels for work. This by far is the nicest and excellent staff. They really know what it takes to leave a lasting impression. I will always stay here. This time I stayed while I took my family to Yosemite National Park which was only about an hour away or so. Probably the nicest hotel in the area. They also had a great full breakfast that was included as normal Holiday Inns. This hotels management team really knows what they are doing, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Book there 2 queen bed suite, super large room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I am glad to see that you really enjoyed our hotel during your visit to Yosemite National Park. When operating our hotel we do keep in mind to strive to be the best. We always try to ensure we provide the best service and have the latest technologies for our guests. I see you were able to enjoy our breakfast which is a great way to start the day. I am glad you found our management team to be helpful as we do have a strong team in place to ensure we do provide the best service possible. We look forward to your future stays.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

the staff here are the best, they take the time to get to know you, since I visit here a lot, like twice month at least, they are always making sure my needs are taken care of. I look forward to each of my visits and look forward to a long standing relationship with the staff.

Room Tip: each room is great, I have stayed in a few, but now that I am a regular, I usually get the same room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you are being taken care of during your visits to our hotel. Our goal for all of our guests are truly to create the memorable experience and make it has personable as we can and really understanding our guests. When reading reviews like yours it gives my staff and I the assurance that we are doing are job the right way. We look forward to your next visit.

Frankfurt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great Hotel, with large Rooms, and it looks like that it is pretty new. Or the remodeling was done perfect. The Staff was friendly from the beginning, wonderful tios how to come to the Yosemite National Park. The Park is approx. 1,5 hours away from the hotel, but th low cost of the hotel and the good service ws worth teh drive. Hotels closer to the park, are outrageous expensive.

We had a room with two queen size beds, and sleppt wonderful, the TV has full cable coverage, unusal in many chain hotels. The TV was HD and everything worked great, the Internet connection was free and fast. Breakfast is HolidayInn Express standard and included.

We will be back, great stay...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had an amazing stay with us during your trip to Yosemite National Park. We are a perfect location to the park, given we are a new build hotel and only a little over an hour from the park. Our rooms are equipped with the latest technology to ensure our guest have the latest and greatest. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience online. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind Regards,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here because it was reasonable and we thought it was close to Yosemite but it was much further than we thought. However, it was a great drive through the nut orchards, pistachio and almonds all the way. It was also very hot. The hotel was very nice and does look new but the pool left much to be desired. It needed some landscaping! The rooms were very nice except you had to sit right in front of the tv to get the remote to work. I took it down and they gave me a new one but it did the same. That really sucked.

The breakfast was very nice with lots of choices and the service worker was so good we even gave her a tip. However, the second morning the eggs were cold as in "out of the fridge" cold.

They recommended the steakhouse on the feeder into town but don't go there. It is very expensive and only a diner. The food was nearly good but certainly not worth what they were charging. AND it was a dump to boot.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I am glad for the most part you found the hotel to be very nice and also see you enjoyed our full hot breakfast that we include for every guest. I see you had some remote issues and will definitely look into that to ensure it is corrected. We are about a little over an hour drive to Yosemite as many do stay in our area given the limited number of rooms available near the park, I can assure you that we are a great value for a new hotel. I see you had dinner at Farnesis and though many do enjoy this restaurant perhaps on your next visit we can recommend Putters Bar and Grill at the Award winning Golf course less than a mile away which is another great restaurant. I hope that next time you are in the area we can make up for some of the areas we fell short in and create an over the top experience for you on your next visit. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Courtyard Merced
Courtyard Merced
#2 of 14 in Merced
BEST WESTERN Inn - Merced
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area? Share your experiences!