Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chowchilla
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our company had business in Chowchilla and several of us stayed at this hotel for two weeks. Nick the General Manager was very accommodating and gave us great rates. The hotel appeared new, landscaping very nice, inside of hotel very clean and rooms were nice. All the staff there were very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay there and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JDSLO
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

It is a joy to read reviews such as yours which ensures my staff and I are simply doing our job. We are here to ensure that every part of your stay is truly an over the top experience. We are glad that during the couple weeks you and your team were staying with us was an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next visit. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I made a reservation for a queen suit. I reconfirmed before I arrived with the manager and when I arrived they did not have my room. They said it was the fault of the website but I used the Holiday Inn Express web site. When I asked to have two queens for the second night stay they tried to say that my reservation was not for two queens. The staff was not helpful at all. I picked the express because I was traveling with kids and I wanted the better of the three hotels but it was a huge disappointment. The breakfast is really bad too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mrw02
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I would first like to apologize for the confusion that was caused. It seems though if there was a simple error made on the room types and wish we could have handled it to your satisfaction. Unfortunately I will have to look further in to this. I see that you did not enjoy our breakfast which I apologize for. I am unsure of exactly where in the breakfast area where we fell short without further details. I do hope that perhaps on your next visit to our area that you will come back and visit us and let us try to meet and exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Nice hotel, cool/modern decor. The breakfast room is sparkling clean, the food is fresh and hot thanks to Socorro, the competent, pleasant employee in charge of providing guests with a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank whippetmomWA
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience, We agree that Socorro is a great team member that truly enjoys what she does and wants to ensure that each one of her guests that are eating breakfast in your breakfast room not only enjoys a nice Hot breakfast but also wants to ensure everything is consistently hot and fresh. We hope to see you on your next visit to the valley.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

By sharing our experience with the travelers we are helping them get their dream vacation.You are very welcome

Room Tip: You would want a room with a view of the palm trees and swimming pool!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

We are happy to hear that you received Excellent Service. We also Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is a very nice newer hotel. Unfortunately there are many dairy farms around, and no matter how clean they keep the property, there is a definitely stanch in the air. It will take a good part of a day to get to Yosemite. So if you are visiting the NP, it is best to stay in the park, and not this far away. There are very few eating choices around, but we did find the 2nd Street Cafe to be a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8837Mom
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Our team is glad to hear your stay with us was pleasant. We are one of the newer hotels in the area. It is also nice to hear you had a chance to visit Yosemite National Park which is about an hour and 15 mins to the gates. I apologize if our staff did not recommend the many places to eat near our hotel as we do have many choices from Steakhouses to a great Mexican restaurant near our hotel, and a favorite is the restaurant at the golf course. Although it was great that you did eat at the 2nd street Cafe which is a local favorite. We do appreciate the time you took to share your experience and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

When I first arrive at the hotel staff was very friendly. However I have to pay extra because the room that I selected online and requested 2 bed was not available. So I had to pay an additional fee for an upgrade however, when we let down the sofa bed there was a sticky mouse pad underneath. The front desk person refused to move it and insisted that we would not have a mouse in our room during the winter time. Therefore as women could not sleep. I thought this was poor service. With the train and the thin walls you can hear every thing and I mean every thing.

• Stayed: March 2012
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I am delighted to see that you found our staff to be friendly as we try to ensure the best of possible service. I do see that you were assessed an upgrade charge given that you booked a different room type than the room you wanted at check in. I always encourage all of our guests to book directly with the hotel so that there is no confusion in the type of room you need and can guarantee it at check in. I do apologize for the level of noise you may have encountered. We hope that on your next stay with us we can make up for the shortfall you experienced on this last stay. We do appreciate your time for sharing your experience.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is a great hotel if you don't mind loud trains screaming by with the horns blaring every two hours while you attempt to sleep. It is also great if you don't mind loud, obnoxious guests arriving at the hotel at 2:30am laughing and screaming and carrying on like idiots. Count on paper thin walls, doors, windows, ceilings and floors to ensure you don't miss a single thing even after said neighbors arrive at 2:30am. Front desk girl was amazing and nice.

• Stayed: February 2012
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns with us about your recent stay. I would like to apologize that some of the other guests in our hotel that day were being too loud. I am unsure if you reported this to Guest Services so we can address this at the time of the incident to correct the situation. We do monitor our guests especially during the evening hours to ensure our guests get a good nights sleep. I apologize if the trains kept you up, normally they do not run in the evening hours. I do hope that we can make your stay right for you on your next visit. We do try to provide an excellent customer experience for all of our guests.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Courtyard Merced
Courtyard Merced
#2 of 14 in Merced
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area
SpringHill Suites Madera

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area? Share your experiences!