“Very clean hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chino Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very clean hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel! It's very clean and they have good service. The breakfast was good. The price is ok. I will definitely come back and recommend it to my friends! ..............................................

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We wound up here on a fluke. Our car broke down on the way to San Diego and we had to have it towed to the Ford dealer in Chino Hills. The repair was going to take at least a day, so the front desk there recommended Ayres to us as a place to stay. We went over to book a room. WHAT A DELIGHT! The front desk staff was SOOOO supportive and accomodating! We had a beautiful room (at what we felt was a decent rate for the amenities!), outstanding complimentary breakfast (NOT the meager "continental" kind! try the waffles!!), and they were very flexible with our check out time since 'when' the car would be done was kind of up-in-the-air.

In fact, we had such an awesome stay, we decided to book a room for our return trip home at the end of the week to break up the trip! If you find yourself in, or near, Chino Hills, book a room! You won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Take ANY upgrade on a room you can! The cost is nominal and WELL worth it!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stay at this Ayres location for business about 4 times a year. The hotel is clean and modern and the staff is very helpful. Breakfast is included with your stay and it is a hot drink that is made to order! They usually have cookies when you arrive as well. Depending on where my meetings are I usually stay here or at the Ayres Diamond Bar. This location is great in particular because there are a few restaurants within walking distance. I like the Corner Bakery and the Japanese restaurant has a great happy hour. Ayres is my favorite chain in Southern California and I will continue to stay here as long as they keep that hot breakfast!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank squesada
Riverside, CA
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I did not stay at this hotel other than the lobby and the patio dining area which are both lovely relaxing (the chewy chocolate chip cookies at check in are a major plus!). This review is of the reservation process. I had 2 limited English speaking co-workers visiting and made a last minute booking after seeing their other booking was in too remote an area.

I spoke with with the general manager and a sales manager and while I wasn't able to qualify for a business corporate rate (the company I run is local to the area), a discounted rate was nevertheless extended to my co-workers' stay. :) I was even invited to stop and try out their breakfast and get a tour of the hotel facilities.

My co-workers did say that even though their rooms faced the 71 freeway, they slept soundly and was not able to hear any traffic. They also mentioned the rooms are spotlessly clean and everythig still like new in the hotel.

It's little touches of courtesy like what's mentioned above that goes the distance and makes a stay memorable. I won't hesitate to book here again the next time a guest stops by for business.

1 Thank annieontheroad
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family of 4 really enjoyed this stay. My kids loved that the front desk had fresh baked cookies at Check in along with a nice icy lemon water decanter. Nice! The room was large and elegant. The hotel was sold out and although kids were all over the place, we didn't hear a thing outside our room. Super comfy bed. Great restful night. Breakfast was great! Very fresh! Located next to many restaurants and services. (Only thing I was a bit concerned about was that they are about a mile or so away from a men's prison.) Not a bad reflection on the Ayres. I'd still return. :)

1 Thank Christina C
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We had little problems finding the hotel as it is located at the back of a shopping area. The hotel is new and beautiful, room was not very big and the bed was little narrow for us, but we were fine there. I think the A/C unit was little strange as it make noise but the cooling was not so effective. Breakfast was fine and some days there was a cook making specials orders. The area was really suitable for us as there was shops and restaurants very close. Also the freeway was close and made it easy to go places. The traffic in LA is always busy so it takes time to go anywhere but this hotel was suitable for us. For some reason I did not feel myself as a valued customer in this hotel. Perhaps the attitude of reception staff could have been little better. Anyway it was good value for hotel in July.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimulus
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Kimolus -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased you found your overall stay satisfactory and the location convenient, I do greatly apologize if you felt undervalued for any reason. We appreciate each and every one of our guests and do our utmost to provide the warmest, friendliest service to all of them. I am sorry if this warmth did not come through during your stay. Please know your comments have been shared with the Front Desk team to ensure each guest is treated with courtesy and respect. We do appreciate your review and hope you will choose our hotel in the future.

Warm regards,

Pamela Gonzalez
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times and have never been disappointed! The hotel is very nicely maintained, the rooms are good, bed is excellent (I stayed at 2 other hotels during this trip and this bed was BY FAR the best), and the entire stall is great! Not sure exactly how they do it but everyone is so friendly and happy to be there. As usual, a grewat experience and Pam is a super manager!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Jim -

What a very kind review! Thank you so very much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for the very nice shout out. To be described as "excellent" is exactly what we strive for each and every day, so it means such a great deal to the entire hotel team that you find your stays so consistently comfortable. It's also wonderful to know that the Ayres Dream Sleeper mattress proved up to its name. We are so grateful for your patronage and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Pamela Gonzalez
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley
Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport

Been to Ayres Hotel Chino Hills? Share your experiences!