“Not as advertised”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Took a special trip there last Saturday as I had driven by numerous times and saw the sign for a 3 meat special which I hoped would let me sample the menu of Bar b que Was told after I tried to order it its only available Monday - Thursday What I tried was good but you shouldn't have to be told by the waitress what you came to get wasn't being offered. Checked the sign outside and the internal conditions weren't there
On a positive note the food we ended up ordering was good except for the coleslaw which was average at best
Service wasn't great. Food came quickly but attention to drink levels etc was below par. We asked for extra napkins and it took going to an empty table and taking there's as the waitress either totally forgot or they gave a rationing plan. Wouldn't take much to make this a must go to destination. They do have the meat and sauces down. Loved the spicy

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Who doesn't love real BBQ? When I first arrived Joey's the first thing I smelled was the hickory wood. We were sat immediately and the wait staff was very friendly and eager to please. I had the pulled pork with baked potato and baked beans. My girlfriend had the brisket with baked yam and potato salad. Our meals arrived insanely quick, but they did not lack in quality AT ALL. First off, the meat...off the charts. The smoke ring on my girlfriend's brisket said it all...real deal BBQ (KC style)! The meat was phenomenal and I didn't dare ask for some of my girlfriend's brisket, for fear of losing a digit. The baked beans were nothing special, but the baked potato and yam were delicious. You definitely got your money's worth. Topped off with a Shock Top and Fat Tire, it was an excellent choice for BBQ! I highly recommend THIS Joey's BBQ!

1  Thank bigredusmc
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We arrived for Dinner (no wait time) placed our orders no problems, when our food arrived service wasn't friendly at all it was like we were a bother to them, yes the flag is a smart idea but again it I think was bothersome to them, we had to call someone for drink refills no smile. Maybe we should try another location hope the serice will be better......

1  Thank Sylvia G
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We've been eating at Joey's since we moved to Chino Hills in 1993 and we've never been disappointed! We've tried almost everything and they're all excellent! Best secret in Chino.
Summertime is great because they got a country band outside. They also have Monday Night Family feast special.

1  Thank tolenram
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We waited 15 min with live music. Love the flag ideal. Ribs just melted off bones. The sauce was YUMMY made fresh daily!!! Homemade chips, beans, potato salad, corn baked potato. Unless u are brave don't wear a white shirt. Topped off with a Happy Bday song and bread pudding my daughter loved it. Best of all we are eating ribs for breakfast.

1  Thank Christine P

Been to Joey's BBQ? Share your experiences!