“Back for New Years Eve”

Centro Basco Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 181 Restaurants in Chino
Cuisines: French
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been customers before, then when sitting around trying to figure a central place for friends from throughout Southern California to congregate, "Centro Basco" popped into our heads.... And we weren't disappointed. Our party of ten had a great time and enjoyed a variety of food... all having a good experience. Best of all, after many bottles of wine, our before dinner drinks and with dessert (gateau basque...made with layers of almond flour... mmm good), the dollar amount per couple was just under $100, and that included tip. And they also had special music for the New Years Eve patrons, "Music by Jeff." Very nice people who continue a long standing tradition in Chino, a classy community in a somewhat unclassy Southern California megopolis.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We've been here before and we'll be back again.

We had a large group and found every dish we ordered to be very good. We had no complaints of any kind.

We found the dining room to be well lighted, clean and organized. The service was very good. We especially enjoyed the rack of lamb, the tongue and steak. There was so much top eat that the fires did get cold, not because of anything the restaurant did.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room was gloomy. The food was mediocre. The lamb had been soaked in something to keep it from tasting spoiled. The fries were dry. The salad was overdressed. The best part of the meal was the bread and cheese. My daughter-in-law's steak was treated the same way as my lamb--gamey and my son's prime rib tasted as if it had been warmed over. I do not know about the rest of our party, but the tab for the meal was outrageous for the quality of food. Oh, yes, my chair was bent and gouged into my back which was sore for three days. I will never go back. It is over rated, over priced, and a poor value.

3  Thank Ladybee2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was born in the Basque area in Bilbao, the capital , in Spain. I drove to this restaurant because of the good reviews but I found a dark restaurant where the menu had nothing to do with Basque food. The only Basque notes where on the photographs of other generations on the walls. Normal american food. But they had good coffee and service was good.

3  Thank Juan R
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed Basque food in Spain on our travels and in California in Fresno and Bakersfield which both have large Basque populations. Centro Basco serves food that is authentically prepared and served family-style: from soup through dessert. There are also menu items that can be selected in the dining room for the diner who does not want to eat family style - but it is a real experience to get to know the other diners over a great meal in the rear dining area just off the kitchen. If you want to taste unique omelettes, poulet Basque, oxtails and other out of the ordinary culinary delights, this is a place not to be missed. The wait staff are like everyone's favorite Aunt - friendly and eager to please.

2  Thank MonaOrangeCountyCA