Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chino
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was looking for a place outside the congestion of L.A. to stay for a week and this place was perfect. The rooms were newly renovated, the staff were very friendly, and the location was great with a huge amount of shopping and dining places nearby. The only thing that bothered me which I think is probably a "California" thing is you don't have total control over the air conditioner, it seemed to be in some kind of energy saving mode (I experienced this at several motels in California). I will probably be in the L.A. area next year and will definitely go back to this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. It is really great to know that our staff was able to provide for all of your needs and you found our location to be convenient.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us & making our staff and myself day wonderful after reading such a wonderful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The front desk personnel is fantastic and I couldn't have felt more welcome. The rooms are great for the money and they were in great condition. I will definitely stay here again!!! I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family! The night clerk Kathy was so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with our location and our staff took such great care of you, especially Kathy. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Nongsa, Indonesia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

For all of the negative comments everyone deserves a chance to correct the issues, I've stayed here off and on for awhile now & everyone works hard and making things happen and correcting minor issues that happen. We always get treated with respect like we're one of the crew rather than a customer. It is hard to single out any single staff member. Everyone works together to create a friendly atmosphere at the hotel. Keep up the hard and fantastic work, for the random negative comments they just have ridiculous stories!

Room Tip: Try to book in advance, because when they get busy it's tough to be away from the freeway, also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel, and because of that, you will be returning to our property when you are in the area again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place has poor plumbing and poor customer service. I found a leak from the bathtub wall and they threw down a couple of towels. Then apparently the plumber shows up at 2AM with a master key and tries to get into the room. What a mess and slightly scary to wake up at 2AM with someone trying to break in...

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am disappointed that our message to switch you rooms wasn't delivered to you correctly. After a call went unanswered, I left a voicemail on your room phone stating the plumbers would be attending to the bathtub leak on Monday. As well, that we had a secondary room for you to stay in while this was taking place. Please accept my most sincere apologies that we disrupted your sleep due to this message not being received. It is our goal to make guests feel comfortable and we are disheartened to know that this turn of events caused you not to. ,

hank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lch@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel to CA a lot. I hate being a random guest. I always stay at this facility where I am greeted by name, usually given my consistent room number and always treated like a friend. I am taken care of and the staff is swift to resolve any issues that can arise. I was complaining of equipment failures on the stuff I have to have for my job, and Eddie, their maintenance guy, said, "Give it to me, I'll have it fixed and ready for you in the morning." WHAT?!?! The staff is jaw-droppingly unbelievable in their professionalism, courtesy and making sure that your experience is not just that of providing a bed, shower and a couple of cable tv channels. No. This is your home and refuge when you're road-weary.

Sneha, hotel manager, is efficient in ensuring the comfort and safety of guests. Her staff, Abbi, Victoria, Orlando and Kathy are exemplary in their courtesy and professionalism with attention to making sure your stay is comfortable and productive.

This is an affordable hotel conveniently located to the freeway, restaurants, entertainment and shopping. It fulfills the "location-location-location" requirement for being able to get to wherever you need to go.

Due to my travel, it would often make better sense to stay in other locations, but I would rather have a longer commute and have this as my home base. I pull into the parking lot, the stress melts away, I will be greeted warmly and assured a comfortable room to prepare a bite to eat, kick back, relax, get some work done and get good rest.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge! I prefer to have a room that does not face the freeway as I'm an ultra-li...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Laura - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a heartfelt review. It truly is wonderful reading reviews like yours. It's great to hear that not only our location, but our staff has provided you with a "home away from home" experience. We are very proud to say that we will go above and beyond in order to make things right as needed.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

A kitchen with no tools although it is marketed as a "fully equipped". A bathtub/shower that need some scrubbin-it drained poorly so my guess is its challenging to clean. Just some attention to basic details would be a big bonus.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept my apologies that your room lacked the pre-stocked amenities normally found in the kitchen area. As well, for the lack of cleanliness of your room overall. Using your remarks, I am reviewing our cleanliness standards and procedures with the housekeepers and working to confirm all our rooms amenities are fully stocked.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hi i am here to leave feedback and also based on some feedback that i also read about your hotel from someone else your employees are thieves.
why because my girlfriend left her expensive dresses worth over 450 on the room and when i called they said they only had the heels what kind of stuff is this having employee thieves...the front desk told me on the phone that her housekeeper only brought her that stuff and most likely her housekeeper stole them she must of thought oh wow these are some really nice dressed that i could sell them and make some profit...this is not acceptable

we stayed on room 107 on the first floor on april 12-14 and it was the extended hotel america in chino hills ca i called several times first the front desk said oh we do have 2 dresses then on the second call she said oh there is nothing what the hell is wrong with your employees....

it is impossible that only the heels were found i even have the evidence and types of dresses that were left including intimate items such as underwear and tights which were left on the cabinet on the top left near the fridge....this is not the best experience.....my girlfriend separated the dirty from the clean and she forgot the dirty ones on the cabinet....

DUE TO THIS I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A MISSING STUFF COMPLAINT BECAUSE WE DID LEAVE THAT ON THE ROOM IN THE CABINET LOCAED RIGHT NEXT TO THE LEFT OF THE FRIDGE...IM AN EXCELLENT CUSTOMER FOR EXTENDED STAY HOTELS AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED THUS FAR EXCEPT IN THIS HOTEL...

Room Tip: dont leave stuff behind especially if its valuable if you call they will tell you it is not there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank javierjr91
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Javier - Thank you for providing us with an account of your stay at our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies that you have been unable to locate items of clothing which were left behind when you checked out from the hotel. I have been working closely with the staff on finding the items you detailed over the phone to us, and have only been able to find a pair of shoes and one dress. As this hotel's Manager, I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to find the items in question and return them to you. In fact, the shoes and dress are here in our Lost and Found awaiting retreival. Please contact us directly in order to pick them up.

Should you wish to file a Missing Items report, please reach out to our Guest Relations team at guestservice@extendedstay.com. Our team will be happy to speak with you further at any time.

Again, I truly apologize for any inconvenience you might be experiencing. We hope to rectify this situation and would love for you to stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chino
Hampton Inn & Suites Chino Hills
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Chino Valley? Share your experiences!